Home | About | Donate

A Thank You Letter From Coronavirus to My Enablers in the United States

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/09/14/thank-you-letter-coronavirus-my-enablers-united-states

3 Likes

When I was working in India during the 1970s there was a joke that communicable disease was India’s biggest export. Looks like Murka has taken over that distinction.

2 Likes

Hey, C-19 –

I’m no enabler, but thanks anyway for your kind rmarks.  I just thought you might like to know that, in spite of the big boost you’re getting from your buddies in Tweetle-Dumb’s corner, with a death rate hovering around only three per-
cent or so (much less if CDC guestimates that the actual number of cases is ten times the official number are cor­rect), that you’re going to fail at your mission of vaccinating Mother Earth against the scourge of two-legged cancer cells currently running rampant on Her surface.

– Fess

3 Likes

It takes a social worker to state the real problem. Humans have varying levels of a holy trinity of inner states or experiences, which are, a conscience, empathy, and a sense of responsibility for how our actions affect others. They are all actually one thing. It’s a package deal.

Some people don’t have these psychological and emotional experiences. That’s all there is to it. They lack the gray matter and the synapses and the neuronal functions that appear to correlate with these internal states.

It’s the only real problem that humans actually have, is the behavior of other humans. The virus is one of many we have contracted by how we live with wild animals. We won’t share our space with them.

For the record, there were no known epidemic diseases in lots of places in the world prior to civilization arriving. Domesticating animals, caging animals, living with animals that we should allow to have their own lives out in the world where they belong, are also a consequence of our human supremacy and entitlement, both of which are more of that lack of conscience thing.

Edited to add:

I was born under the prairie, where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no walls and everything drew free breath. I want to die there, not within walls. I know every stream and every wood between the Rio Grande and the Arkansas River. I have hunted and lived all over that country. I live like my fathers before me and like them I live happily.

Ten Bears

5 Likes

Whatever they did to deserve it, Wisconsin is spiking a remarkably crisp new peak in their COVID outbreak right now, leading the way for other states. North Dakota is also peaking. An alphabetical run of states, starting with Illinois, are verging on new highs, at this writing: Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, and Kentucky. Heartland highs:

~https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrends

1 Like

Clearly the solution is more lockdown restrictions to keep us safe until the Gates’ vaccine can be administered globally. I trust our livlihoods and liberties will then be returned immediately. The government and politicians always keep our best interests as their top priority.

Sturgis?

2 Likes

At least Bob Woodward wasn’t on the tax-payer’s payroll.