Home | About | Donate

A Treacherous Crossing

A Treacherous Crossing

Kathy Kelly

On January 23rd an overcrowded smuggling boat capsized off the coast of Aden in Southern Yemen. Smugglers packed 152 passengers from Somalia and Ethiopia in the boat and then, while at sea, reportedly pulled guns on the migrants to extort additional money from them.

Buy, buy, buy, buy
Why are the homelands of these peoples being subjected to late-stage predatory capitalist violence, expropriation and devastation? The human rights reports need desperately to be bridging the compartmentalization that severs cognition of cause and effect. It constitutes another absolutely essential conceptual “treacherous crossing”.
Always keep in mind that Marxism is a critique - it is not a system like capitalism. What it does is lay open the veiled “externalizations” (the institutionalized DENIAL - without which it cannot function). Ever wonder what Trump’s REAL ROLE is? It is, de facto, proving to be to give 'plausible deniability/ secrecy / lies in other words: a fake buffer zone to counter the increasingly well informed critiques that reveal the scams.

Q: What’s the diference between ignorance and apathy?
A: I don’t know, and I don’t care.

If the people of the US knew what’s being done in their name and with their tax dollars, they’d be literally up in arms. The corporate media, acting in furtherance of their owners’ class interests, do their best to keep us distracted, confused and impotent. If you want proof, look no farther than the people who believe DJ Trump is on their side—or the people who think that his every tweet and pratfall is newsworthy.

Dear, dear Kathy, Your very poignant writing makes me want to crawl on the asphalt, concrete, or gravel that will punish myself with. (And yes, Mom taught me not to end a sentence with a preposition.)

Love Richard Wolff. Thanks for the video.

Thanks Kathy for another great piece. I can’t think of anything to add. as usual you are our great truth teller. on the plus side World Beyond War is adopting the Afghan Peace Volunteers blue scarfs!

Paul Ryan has about as much heart as a Ken doll. At least the Ken doll doesn’t lie!

This is one of the smartest motherfuckers I know.

Google Yanis Vourafakis,if you have not,he is brilliant.