Home | About | Donate

A Trump Christmas Carol

A Trump Christmas Carol

Jeffrey D. Sachs

At the behest of the US, the UN regular budget for 2018-2019 has been reduced by $285 million per year. But the world receives an astounding return on its investments in the UN, and member countries should be investing far more, not less, in its organizations and programs.

The US share of the UN regular budget equals roughly seven hours of Pentagon spending. (Photo:Bettmann/Getty Images)

It is issues such as this that make me puke whenever I hear the term “American exceptionalism”.

Mr. Sachs has written another excellent article. The Right-wing Republicans, and they are practically all Right-wing now, are determined to destroy the U.N. They are determined to destroy all traces of the New Deal. They are determined to institute a Theocracy based on their warped version of Christianity. They are racist, sexist, arrogant, greedy and very dangerous. Do not be fooled! This will not change even if and when Trump should leave office.

From the artcle:

“The budget cuts will make it that much harder for UN agencies to prevent wars, help millions of people displaced by conflicts, feed and clothe hungry children, fight emerging diseases, provide safe water and sanitation, and promote access to education and health care for the poor.”

It’s part of Ebenezer Trump’s program to “reduce the surplus population,” FYI.

Time for the world community minus the US, Israel and a few of their crony vassal states, to move the UN to China who is in a position to make up the difference and more.

My message to the un-ambassador:

Ms. Haley,

YOU do not speak for not only for me but for most Americans who support the UN and oppose US efforts in undermining international laws such as the status of Jerusalem. You and your ilk speak only to the lowest common denominator representing Trump’s ill informed and mean spirited base. Retract your statements. You are NO ambassador but a thug.

I did write her a letter excoriating her for her hubris and prostitution and sycophancy and irresponsibility. I told her she did not speak for all Americans, not this American. Said some other stuff, too, but it’s late here, and I’m tired of reading and thinking …and mourning.

I have thought for a long time now that the UN might want to seriously consider relocating its base of operations to another country. Possibly one that was in line with its aims and principles.

This is great news- Just in time for the Yemen starvation and cholera epidemic/crises…

Everything this “President” touches turns to shit- I absolutely LOATHE this despicable creature…

A Carol for Another Christmas is a 1964 American television film, scripted by Rod Serling as a modernization of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol and a plea for global cooperation. It was the first in a planned series of television specials developed to promote the United Nations and educate viewers about its mission.[1] Originally televised on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) network on December 28, 1964,[1][2] it was not shown again for 48 years, until Turner Classic Movies (TCM) broadcast it on December 16, 2012.[3][4]

A Carol for Another Christmas

If you’ve never seen it I recommend it. You might especially want to see how the ghost of Christmas future predicts a certain current political leader…