Home | About | Donate

'A Very Scary Case': Placing Rights of Women Last, Alabama Judge Allows Boyfriend to Sue Abortion Clinic With Fetus as Co-Plaintiff

'A Very Scary Case': Placing Rights of Women Last, Alabama Judge Allows Boyfriend to Sue Abortion Clinic With Fetus as Co-Plaintiff

Julia Conley, staff writer

An Alabama county court recognized an aborted fetus as a plaintiff in a lawsuit Tuesday, opening a new chapter in the fight for reproductive rights in the United States.

0 Likes

Was that embryo an introvert or an extrovert?

1 Like

Ryan Magers, why don’t you start a GoFundMe page to pay for a vasectomy. That way you can ensure that such troubles will never come your way again. The future will thank you.

3 Likes

Ladies, unless it’s your husband you’re having “Whoopee” with, make them sign a form releasing them from any claim to any resulting pregnancy.

1 Like

And did it have insurance and or social security number? And it that’s the case can a woman receive SSI death benefits for a miscarried fetus?
The possibilities boggle the mind.

4 Likes

Don’t worry folks, this argument will be moot by the end of this year. SCOTUS has at least two cases this summer session that will overturn Roe v Wade.
And it will be overturned, costing the GOP any and all elections for at least a decade. However, almost half the women in this nation will have to live without vital healthcare services for the next decade.
Chemical birth control will be next to go.

1 Like

Good, now let us give rights to every living organism including terra firma.

1 Like

HI Donald_ Rucknagel-----It was an IN but now it’s an EX. However, I foresee women of childbearing age racing to the borders to escape the state of Alabama. Then too, I see a marred woman finding our her husband is seeing someone intimately and cannibalizing his sperm! Watch gonna do about that Alabama? : )

2 Likes

Lincoln really should have let the South secede so they could become their own third world theocracy…yeah I know Lincoln was worried California would go with the confederacy and blow the manifest destiny gig, but look WTF we ended up with !

2 Likes

It didn’t say who appointed this so-called judge. Whether it was McConnell, in the background as Trump is taking up all the foreground oxygen, this is certainly a McConnell-type judge. Getting rid of Trump will not rid us of decades of rotten judges, and there were already more than enough rotten ones. They are often not the brightest lawyers at (or in) the bar(s).

1 Like

And this in a country where thousands of children and infants are ripped from their mothers and locked in cages.

3 Likes

“… a woman is rendered a walking incubator with less rights than a fetus and the man.”

And where does this leave women who are post-menapausal or in any other way incapable of becoming pregnant??? Do they become “unnecessary”?

1 Like

Handwriting on the wall writ large; women, we are aiming squarely at placing you in very second class status, no rights for you…
Next up, taking away birth control.

1 Like

Wingnuts are a suicide cult

0 Likes

Why is that? Are all the people who wanted Roe overturned going to stop voting when it is overturned? Are they going to be many nonvoters who are pissed off enough to start voting? Are any Republican voters going to switch parties? I am skeptical any of these are going to happen when Roe goes down (which is looking very likely to me).

Now as far as strategy goes, I’m in the minority here (@Trog who convinced me and I assume a few others but not many) who advocate for progressive politicians to compromise towards a typical Scandinavian law. Abortion in first trimester is unrestricted, but third trimester is quite restricted. I don’t know if progressives realize how many voters we are losing by advocating for no restrictions whatsoever. I hear people complain about this all the time and for sure we’d pick up a share of the abortion centrists if we softened our stance. Think about what that means if doing so meant we could get Medicare for all, a green new deal, free public college, and a sane foreign policy we’d only have a chance getting with a progressive administration. I don’t think that many women are suffering back alley abortions in Scandinavia.

0 Likes

Presumably, the girlfriend’s name is Ofryan.

2 Likes

Time to make Florida the abortion capital of America. As a Kill at Will state through their Stand Your Ground law, your fear doesn’t have to be real, only real to yourself.

0 Likes