Home | About | Donate

A Weakly Inflated Trial Balloon

A Weakly Inflated Trial Balloon

James Zogby

This week a well-known Israeli journalist revealed what he said were "new details about the Trump administration's Israeli-Palestinian peace plan." His report, he said, came from notes he had obtained from an American Jewish leader who had been part of a small group of community leaders briefed by a "senior Administration official" just two weeks earlier.

0 Likes

The following is known as the Balfour Declaration. Arthur James Balfour was the British Foreign Secretary at the time. I believe it should be kept in mind when contemplating the matters addressed in James Zogby’s article.

November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty’s Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.

“His Majesty’s Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.”

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur James Balfour

2 Likes

Dr. Z. What else could it be? Well, the “leak at this time” has all the marks
of a CIA/Mossad black propaganda campaign; to keep the military-industrial complex on a profit maximizing roll. $4 billion a year to Israel, to buy U.S. weapons, the old, “Go ahead just hit me!” routine; so then I can bomb you with the world’s applause. It’s all so tiresome.
Robert Fisk says that a Bernie Sander’s presidency could seriously confront the Israeli state; giving some justice to the Palestinians, but not if the Democratic Party leadership and the New York Times have anything to say about it; nor is propaganda from Iran or Russia the problem. Remember Lady
Macbeth’s feigned surprise: “What in our house?” (II.3).

3 Likes

The peace talks between Yaseir Arafat & Ehud Barak Obama failed was that Ehud Barak Obama refused to give up East Jerusalem, the Palestinian section of Jerusalem.

0 Likes

Trump said; “Only I can fix it” Is it fixed?

1 Like

It is still broken & Trump doesn’t say what he means.

0 Likes