Home | About | Donate

A Year Ago, I Crossed the DMZ in Korea. Here’s Why

A Year Ago, I Crossed the DMZ in Korea. Here’s Why.

Christine Ahn

One year ago, I led a group of 30 women from 15 countries on a journey across the De-Militarized Zone (DMZ) from North to South Korea.

On May 24, International Women’s Day for Peace and Disarmament, we crossed the world’s most militarized border calling for the reunification of Korean families divided by conflict and a peace treaty to end the Korean War. Our delegation included two Nobel Peace Prize laureates, a retired U.S. army colonel, and America’s most revered feminist, Gloria Steinem.

Whatever Source designed this universe did so with balance in mind: hence the very building block of biological life--DNA--is itself a living replica of equal representation from He and She: father and mother.

Atoms reflect the Yin-Yang balance through positively charged protons interacting with negatively charged electrons.

The rotation of seasons also displays this balance with one equinox initiating Libra (ruled by Venus) and its complementary spring equinox initiating Aries (ruled by Mars).

The human body has an active component to its nervous system--impacted by active choices made; and a complementary passive parasympathetic nervous system that controls the functioning of our internal organs.

Of course what's true as written across the manifest world would be true OF human interactions. Hence this:

"New research from the Philippines and Colombia, on top of the experience from Liberia and Northern Ireland, shows that when women and men participate equally in the process, prospects for achieving a durable peace agreement are improved."

Even men who claim to be enlightened fall back on the canard that since the handful of women allowed power within Patriarchy's pro-war, uber capitalist temples act like men... there is no difference.

That's blasphemy against the Creation Code and holds back the progress of humanity by rationalizing CENTURIES of exhaustive and often brutal inequality.

North Korea has journalists?