Home | About | Donate

'ABC and the DNC Should Be Ashamed,' Say Progressives, After Just One Question on Climate Crisis During Democratic Debate

It’s a shame what money buys.

1 Like

I’ve seen nothing that would indicate ABC or the DNC were capable of shame—quite the opposite, in fact.

3 Likes

Last night was less of a debate, and more of a, Look at me, Look at me show.

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Guild.

1 Like

What happened last night was not a debate. It was Kabuki theater for the low-informed, to keep them low informed.

3 Likes

And it is a shame what money does NOT buy. It all depends on priorities and who decides what those priorities are.

A component of Bernie’s MFA stipulates that the money employers save in not having to pay insurance premiums must go to increased wages for their employees. So ByeDone had a point, but I’m sure Bernie’s bill has an enforcement/fine mechanism to compel compliance.

Perez eases the pain of looking himself in the mirror by taping big checks from Haim Saban to the glass.

3 Likes

How complicated can it be to have a single topic per debate. We’ll be having at least ten debates. We don’t have ten top priority issues to discuss for three hours each debate?

The DNC can’t defend its corporate agenda with single issue debates. It’s pathetic.

2 Likes

Now we have evidence that corporate media is in ‘cahoots’ with the political/oil capitalists …or vice versa… in order to deny the significance of the climate changes going on in our world and protect their Wall Street assets.

My way to resist and protest is to attempt to no longer consume the capitalist’s products such as oil/fossil fuels and commercial TV. So far, my gasoline consumption is down to $40 or less per month and commercial TV watching is down to 5 hours per week - enough to eliminate cable TV saving $35 per month and reducing our electricity bill so that it stays around $45 per month. That’s what I, as a consumer, can do and have done to help the climate change cause.

2020 DUMP TRUMP …and… DITCH MITCH

That could’ve been the very first debate’s topic: Why is a private corporation, funded BY multinational oligarchs and Saudi, Israeli, Ukrainian, English… kleptocrats choosing our candidates? And, WHY Jimmy Kimmel, Guillermo and Uncle Yehya weren’t there? And Minnie, Goofy, Scrooge, Micky…

1 Like

Accounting rules can be adjusted to have the few employers who do actually pay for their employees health care insurance have two options.
The best is to increase wages by the amount formally spent on health care insurance.
OR
The employer may apply the money now saved to other needed employee benefits. Here, we have to be careful that executives trips to Hawaii with family for two weeks are not included.

There was a point in the debate last night were it appeared that Sanders and Warren were being totally ignored. All of the questions were going to the other candidates and Biden. This went on for a little while - anyone notice? Also, ABC brought on the repulsive Rahm Emmanuel to support Biden after he was challenged by Castro. I was wondering if the moderators were ordered to ignore Sanders and Warren or did it on their own initiative. Actually it seems like it was only one moderator that did this.

1 Like

I agree. This so-called debate was nothing more than another brainwashing for the gullible American voters, to make them think that Amerika is a Democracy.

It might have been more appropriate had they had animated moderators with Disney themes. How entertaining. In all fairness, they did let Rahm Emmanuel come on and provide commentary. I mean - they didn’t want to be completely biased.

Maybe Biden should have worn a tuxedo and top hat to enhance his comedic performance…

2 Likes

Did you mean Uber allies? Or uber alles. Either works!

Maybe the DNC officials dream team is Biden/Klobuchar. Of course - neither offered up a word of anything mildly progressive. Warren is impressive when she calls out big corporations. Sanders is consistent and has a vision. O’Rourke impressed with his call to get rid of assault weapons. I actually thought Booker and Harris came off better last night that they had. I like her attacks on Trump. Booker seemed to be more personal and connecting that I had seen him. Mayor Pete is quite glib and says some good things. Castro may need to be a little more polished. He could have made the points against Biden in way that actually challenged instead of cut. Sanders and Warren still come out on top for me.

No comparisons to the Green Party, I see.

1 Like

14 min. video of Howie Hawkins’ reaction to “debate” last night. Other remarks in his twitter feed:

1 Like