Home | About | Donate

Abolishing ICE Isn’t Radical — It’s Rational

Abolishing ICE Isn’t Radical — It’s Rational

Fizz Perkal

As someone who was born and raised in the border state of New Mexico, I’m very familiar with political speak about immigrants and the border, especially when it comes to talking about safety.

After 9/11, concerns about safety led to the passing of the Homeland Security Act, which created a new cabinet department as well as a new law enforcement agency: Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. ICE was given a never-before-seen level of criminal and civil authority — in theory, to keep Americans safe.

Pop, Pop, Fizz, Fizz, Oh What A Relief It is!

Fizz, you hit the nail on the head today.

May I suggest pruning the limb a little closer to the source. The creation of the Dept of Homeland “Security” was the biggest tactical move to impose a militaristic grip on the population of our own country. Take down the entire department.

Didn’t Reagan legalize millions of illegal aliens, in the hope the border will be secured after? Didn’t work then. Won’t work now.

During the past decade more people have crossed into Mexico from the US than have crossed into the US.

ICE is the solution to a problem that does not exist.

In order to expand and maintain their base Trump and the GOP need to apply the chapters in Goebbels’ xenophobia playbook to distract from their looting of the US Treasury.

You are so right! The whole “Homeland” thing sets my teeth on edge. Time to declare the War on Terror won, and devote those funds to more useful things.

The clear result of genetics is there is only one human species - there used to be a dozen or so - therefore racism is all it’s ugliness is simply a mistake. These people are not different; they are us, and we are them.

End the WOD to abolish ICE.