Home | About | Donate

Above the Law and Below the Belt: High Crimes and Misdemeanors of Kavanaugh and the Senate-Trump Faction

Above the Law and Below the Belt: High Crimes and Misdemeanors of Kavanaugh and the Senate-Trump Faction

John McMurtry, Matthew Stanton

“By a faction, I understand a number of citizens, whether amounting to a majority or a minority of the whole, who are united and actuated by some common impulse of passion, or of interest, adversed to the rights of other citizens, or to the permanent and aggregate interests of the community.” —James Madison, Federalist Paper 10

2 Likes

Clearly Kavanaugh – like his benefactor Tweetle-Dumb – believes himself to be above the law.  He should not only be denied a position on the Supreme Court, he should be removed from his present position on the Fed­eral Court of Appeals and disbarred immediately.   ANY Senator voting in favor of Kavanaugh’s appoint­ment to SCOTUS should be voted out of office at the earliest possible opportunity.

11 Likes

If only We the People could Impeach the f#€king
lot of them.

3 Likes

Let the revolt begin!

7 Likes

" What doesth benefit a man to gain the whole world, and lose his soul? " How much time have ya’ got?
Well; for starters, let’s hear from Mr. Getty, " the poor may inherit the world, but not its natural resources ". And…
" god would not have made them sheep, if he didn’t want them sheared ". And…
" Do onto others as you would have them do onto you, but do it first ". And …
" the only real god in America is money ". And…
" It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter the gates of heaven “. And…
So, please jump in with both feet, here. I recommend listening to a Pink Floyd tune while doing so; let me see " Money…”

5 Likes

“The money pigs of capitalist democracy… Money has made slaves of us… Money is the curse of mankind. It smothers the seed of everything great and good. Every penny is sticky with sweat and blood.”
Joseph Goebbels

2 Likes

Watch as the corporate media try to spin this----even MSNBC on Chuckie Todd show is spinning it for Kavanaugh now----“those democrats made a lot of missteps.” I hope the women who work at MSNBC(not the two who worked with Kavanaugh in the Bush White House—as if these two can give any objective view of the guy) take a hard look at the place they work.

Anyone who supports Kavanaugh is saying Dr. Ford is lying.

7 Likes

The entire senate “judiciary committee” and despotic Trump are CRIMINALS! and should be investigated for conspiracy to obstruct justice, obstruction of justice, cover up, intentionally lying and making misleading statements. Our entire government is run by despots! Our entire government is above the law! It is disgusting and despicable the way they all behave. Non of these Senator are fit to serve our country, they do not represent the people.

5 Likes

Two questions every republican senator and Manchin should be asked

-If you accept Dr. Ford’s allegation is this a disqualifying event?
-If you vote for Kavanaugh aren’t you calling Dr. Ford a liar?

1 Like

The Statue of Liberty is weeping. Republicans have built a wall through the heart of America. Tear it down.

2 Likes

All the snark aside, the point made in this article is deeply serious.

4 Likes

Go screw yourself or do something else. You neither enlighten nor comfort anyone here.

Who pays you to be here? Or you do simply have no reasoning skills to know how screwed up you are?

2 Likes

Welcome to hyper police state America. If the people were not afraid to protest wouldn’t millions be in the streets? The present direction seems beyond reversing. The people sat back and just watched.

1 Like

It is not too late. The confirmation of this blatant perjurer, torture enabler, and partisan hack has been accomplished, but a bicameral Democrat majority after the midterm elections could impeach him. If the House held well publicized hearings where the evidence of his guilt were laid out for all to see, even some Senate Republicans would have to join the Democrats in voting to remove him. This would not only help restore the integrity of the Supreme Court, it would be a stinging rebuke and irrefutable exposure of the wicked values and motives of the Republican far right.

3 Likes

How the Democrats got outplayed on Kavanaugh

1 Like

Do you smell it? There’s something in the air tonight. Phil Collins sang about it years ago. We’re mad as hell. An angered citizenry can be a dangerous thing, just ask Marie Antoinette and the gang. McConnell et al, this one’s for you…

" Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I’ve seen your face before my friend
But I don’t know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you’ve been
It’s all been a pack of lies.
And I can feel it comin’ in the air tonight…"

3 Likes

They’re saying so much more than that. They’re saying “we know he’s lying and we don’t care…”

They’re saying “we know the overwhelming majority don’t approve of him but we don’t care…”

They’re saying “we know we took an oath to act for the public good, but we didn’t mean it…”

"They’re saying “we know what we’re doing is wrong but there’s not a damn thing you can do about it…”

I don’t handle folks looking me in my face and saying “f*** you” very well. I don’t get mad…I get even.

8 Likes

This crap makes me mad. Like the Democrats had a snowball’s chance in hell. Frankly, they did way more than I thought they could. We were all outplayed when too many stayed home for the last midterms.

3 Likes

Fewer and fewer Democrats are voting, as the middle class disappears and people fall further and further behind. I don’t expect that trend to change.

1 Like

Indeed. If the Democrats have no intention to change to get the people’s votes why should they expect more people to vote for them?

2 Likes