Home | About | Donate

'Absolutely, Absolutely. Absolutely': Clinton Promises Nothing in Wall Street Speeches to Worry About

'Absolutely, Absolutely. Absolutely': Clinton Promises Nothing in Wall Street Speeches to Worry About

Jon Queally, staff writer

From the New York Times editorial board to a Republican-friendly super PAC, it appears Hillary Clinton has yet to resolve the growing unease regarding her continued refusal to release transcripts of recent paid speeches she gave to some of Wall Street's most powerful firms.

"This is just another instance of Republican Super PACs echoing Bernie Sanders' personal attacks against Hillary Clinton," said Brian Fallon, Clinton's press secretary. "The Wall Street hedge funds bankrolling these ads are propping up Senator Sanders because it is Hillary Clinton they fear the most."

OK, OK, no more entries needed. That is the most outlandishly hilarious thing I have heard this year. And it is assholes like this that are in the driver's seat.

Okay Hilliary, if we except your specious rhetoric that there is "ABSOLUTELY,ABSOLUTELY, ABSOLUTELY" nothing incriminating about your Goldman Saks transcripts then let me ask you: WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ABOUT RELEASING WHAT YOU SPOKE ABOUT IN THOSE SPEECHES?

The Clinton campaign seems determined to prove it can shovel any level of bullshit out there and still walk away with the nomination.

Sad thing is they may not be wrong. Money talks, even when it's talking nonsense.

Sorry Hill, your assurances just do not cut it regardless how many times you repeat yourself! The truth is you won't release the transcripts because they clearly reveal your corruption, your adoration of the financial parasites, and your collusion with their usury!

You gained enormous personal wealth from those that use Americans - you refer to as "the little people! - like cattle to increase their wealth! What exactly you said in your million dollar speeches goes to how much you've been corrupted by the wealth that funds your family and campaign with hundreds of millions - how complicit you are to their greed!

You made official decisions in office that affected wealth and policy and war and much more, and that history is how you are being judged - evasions and delay will only build suspicions and your defeat! prosecution for corruption or malfeasance is also a possibility!

RELEASE THE UN-REDACTED TRANSCRIPTS now with no further obfuscation, excuses or weak-jive dialogue!
Unless you release them NOW this is how voters will continue to see you!

http://dissidentvoice.org/2016/02/hillary-clintons-speech-to-goldman-sachs-june-4-2013/
"This article was posted February 24th, 2016 and filed under Satire"

Here is a transcript of a speech she gave to Goldman-Sachs in 2013. I think her words tell the reader who she is at heart.

Absolutely, absolutely, reminds me of Mitt Romney and his 47% speech. We know she told them they had nothing to worry about that's why they paid her so much. What, you think they would pay that much to hear her say she's going to break them up?
She reminds me of Trump too. No matter how bad her behavior has been she still has the backing of the Democratic elites and dem's with blinders on, cause she's political royalty. They have her back cause she'll take care of them when she's in the oval office.
It's so sickening and so undemocratic it's a wonder anyone could vote for her. That's our corrupt system Bernie keeps talking about.

Ha, oh what an amazing satire! Everything Hillary really wants to tell Goldman Sachs but has to telegraph in dog-whistles!

Move along, move along, nothing to see here folks. Hillary NEVER lies. She said so herself...or at least she trys not to...

Those tapes are being edited as we speak.
They will be released just as soon as they are done,

Yeah and this morning I was visited by a fiery dragon and the dragon knelt before me and he said "How may I serve you oh Lord" and after I instructed him he flew away to do my bidding.

If you believe that nonsense, you may even believe that crap, which Hillary serves up.

You took the words right out of my my mouth. After thus being left speechless, I dreamed up the dragon story. :slightly_smiling:

From the speech right in the beginning:
"But we know the hopes that the little people have for their future — things like school, job, food, clothing on their backs– all of those little things would not be possible without your leadership and innovation. ": Condescending and patronizing. No, it is the labor of the working class that makes the wealth.

AND--did I read this right?? "Since the time of the Medicis, even before, and the financing of the first joint stock companies in the transatlantic slave trade, we know that finance and banking is what makes our capitalist economy not just grow but tick…" Hope black folks are reading this.

I think I will contact the media regarding this leaked letter. Hope everyone else does too.

Update: Done. Mailed to black news outlets and not forgetting South Carolina. Contact The Carolinian as they are based in South Carolina.

Just added the NYT and a major paper where I live.

Oh, and of course I contacted Bernie directly and his campaign staff.

She based her refusal to release said transcripts on the fact that her speaking against the power of Wall Street is a matter of the Public Record and that she can be held to account for that.

Ok so make the transcripts public . Is she suggesting that no one would hold her to account for what she might have said to Wall Street firms? I am growing confused.

What are the repercussions in real terms if Ms Clinton reneges on every commitment she has made to the public to take on Wall Street? If she reneges as did Obama on things too numerous to mention but including things like closing Gitmo ,what happens in real terms if she "held to account"?

I will tell you what would happen in real terms if she reneged on all those things she might have said to the 1 percent in those speeches she gave them.

They would no longer pay her 250000 per speech when she left office.

She is owned lock stock and barrel by that one percent . All she wants from you the public is your single vote and after that the public has no hold over her.

Now - imagine this being said to town hall gathering:

CLINTON: Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you
very much, Lloyd [Blankfein], and thanks to everyone at Goldman Sachs
for welcoming me today. I’m delighted to be back among friends,
colleagues, collaborators, supporters, kindred spirits…

Let me jump right in. You know, over the past few months, there have
been popular concerns about an economy that still isn’t delivering for
the majority of Americans. It’s not “delivering” the way that they feel
it should, that they feel entitled to. Most Americans that you speak to,
** speak a populist rhetoric** that claims it is stacked for those at the
top, that those of you here have it too good.
(Laughter)

But we know the hopes that the little people have for their future —
things like school, job, food, clothing on their backs– all of those
little things would not be possible without your leadership and
innovation. Since the time of the Medicis, even before, **and the **
**financing of the first joint stock companies in the transatlantic slave **
trade, we know that finance and banking is what makes our capitalist
economy not just grow but tick…

Previous generations of Americans built this economy and a middle
class on a collective illusion: that they do productive work, this
creates wealth, and that this builds the economy. We all know how
misguided that is. We know that it’s really due to your investing,
credit, and economic stewardship, that they have been able to work at
all, that they are able to put food on their tables. It’s due to you and
other banking, trading, investment houses that we have an economy that
works at all. You are why we are a truly 21st century economic power.

Perhaps this is why Hillary Clinton resists disclosure. It is the legacy of "externalized costs" from slavery, tax evasion, privatization of education; a derivative dependent reasoning set; first legislating and then abrogating "rights"; the mechanisms of war and usurpation of the means to lives of dignity and then claiming that the resulting limitations are innate to "the little people". A gross assertion of infantilization rhetorically presented as causal to veil a fraud dependent construct.

Scurrilous is a word that comes to mind.

Implicit in the above is that Hillary Clinton is one of the 'big people' not one of "the little people".
I'd love to see her make this argument offered in the speech to the people who support her suffering from the "illusion".

Trust me, says Hillary, since I have changed my positions on most election topics time and time again. I even think I can out lie Obama.

Yes, you read it right, but it is satire.

Oh. My. God.

"The Wall Street hedge funds bankrolling these ads are propping up Senator Sanders because it is Hillary Clinton they fear the most."

I busted a gut laughing at that one.

"I told them what I'm going to do. I said I'm going to go after big banks that pose a systemic risk."

By "going after them," do you mean you are going to go after them in the line at the bar and pay for all their drinks?

She is pathetic.

Horrible woman. It is important people know who she really IS. hope more people will be inspired to contact local news and those where the primaries are taking place.