Home | About | Donate

'Absolutely History' in the Making: Advocates Applaud House Democrats for Scheduled Vote on Federal Marijuana Legalization

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/02/absolutely-history-making-advocates-applaud-house-democrats-scheduled-vote-federal

2 Likes

It’s always “Marijuana Margaritaville” somewhere.

6 Likes

Not in California, have you seen the excise taxes on legal marijuana?

~https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/industry/cannabis.htm

2 Likes

There’s always going to be a black market for this magical herb that doesn’t include taxes.

4 Likes

Well sure, all the more reason to make legalization at least reasonable. As it is now, look forward to a lot of corporate weed. They shouldn’t put people in jail for a weed, but they shouldn’t bastardize it either.

2 Likes

“A little dab will do you.”

Cost should be relatively insignificant, unless one is a “stone cold stoner.”

1 Like

Good - we need more simplicity in laws, in fact less is better. The marijuana laws were always a roost to be able search, arrest and generally harass people for nothing.

4 Likes

True. I’m looking at this from the farmers point of view. I guess the new word is cultivator. Accessing weed in CA has never been a problem. lol

2 Likes

Yeah, the wealthy are attempting to create a monopolistic approach to controlling what should be “free enterprise” by anyone who wishes to cultivate.

4 Likes

Yeah, well they still are, only different.

I know some people that just went though all of that, it is not as simple as it sounds.

I’d stay away from the business end of that industry.

I’ve made it through 50 years of buying sweet dreams without getting Uncle Sam salivating over taking his cut.

3 Likes

I think there is something very satisfying about growing your own too. I don’t use it myself. I did at one time though, while it was still fun. To your head, it is legal. (well here anyway)

1 Like

My first experience at cultivation was 1970.

Fun but disappointing as well. Both “Christmas Trees” turned out to be males.

1 Like

Hey pony boy take a ride with me - heading in that Direction …

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seh2unqUYII&list=PLD54743598B17A724&index=8&t=0s

1 Like

Oh, well you can hire a consultant now. I’ve never really grown it but I’ve known people that have. They are very into their plants.

1 Like

It’s a lot looser today … order feminized seeds from Amsterdam and go forth and clone clone clone … huge difference when I was a young toker, watching my back on paranoia street.

I want to say I couldn’t get that link to work, just a FYI. Yes, those things exist, but to grow those things legally, there are a lot of rules and if you break any of them you are out of business.

Without the absolute unencumbered right enshrined in law to provide for your own needs there is no legalization/decriminalization, only another way for corporate parasites and Uncle Sugar to screw and profit off the people! there are many primers available that teach the necessary skill’s and science. Green revolution!

3 Likes

delete the “~” first character and hit return(music for PB) - half my friends grow(for their own use) and have no problem - the days of overhead helicopter searches are over - at least in New England