Home | About | Donate

Accusing US of 'Intrusion' Into National Airspace, Iran Shoots Down American 'Spy' Drone

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/20/accusing-us-intrusion-national-airspace-iran-shoots-down-american-spy-drone

2 Likes

I’m going to suspect that when the drone came down it crashed in several pieces on Iranian dirt. I’m equally going to suspect that it didn’t crash on the dirt in any of our 50 states.

11 Likes

The past behavior of the US mainstream media indicates that Iran’s downing a US Drone is just another excuse they would accept for rallying behind a US attack on Iran.

12 Likes

Breaking news!
Iran has savagely attacked the US Army without provocation. Top national security advisors have been called in for an emergency meeting with the president. Rachel Madcow will cover the latest developments after this commercial break.

9 Likes

At this time in history of the New American Century: Intrusion R/US. Most ‘sovereign countries’ that object are being destroyed through genocide. A few shoot back … to retain their sovereignty.

If the plans of US Warmonger Department go as desired, in a short time, you and I will be charged under the ancient ‘Espionage Act’ for treason for commenting and/or reading Common Dreams.

7 Likes

One can only imagine what the reaction of the USA would be if any foreign nation was caught flying military drones over our airspace.
No need to imagine. We would have already flattened that nation flatter than a pancake. But one must keep in mind, as we are an empire, our leadership can and does practice the divine right of kings. In short, we are in charge and we can do what ever the hell we want.

9 Likes

That’s the way it works: aggravate them (in this case Iran) until they push back, then claim victimization when they do (in this case the US claims being a victim). Finally, use the victim identity as the excuse to fight. In no way is the US an innocent victim, but the simple minded won’t be able to figure that out.

14 Likes

I’m sure the drone manufacturers are pleased with this development since it will cost taxpayers millions of dollars to have that drone replaced. Its a scam.

19 Likes

Not to worry, I’m sure the Democrats will voice loud opposition to this latest US provocation; as they did before we went and destroyed Iraq.:smirk::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I have ceased to believe a word our government says on just about anything anymore, especially on matters of war and peace. John Bolton is on video openly calling for the overthrow of the Iranian government THIS YEAR to a group of Iranian exiles who want to bring back a Shah to rule Iran. Why would any reasonable thinking person buy this load of crap. The commenters are correct who have said we would not tolerate an Iranian drone within 50 miles of our territory. I would go much further and ask what gives us the right to have military “commands” on five continents, and about 800 military bases and installations around the World? We need to quit bullying and overthrowing other governments because they refuse to bend to our (and our corporate master’s) will and join the family of nations. We need to gut our military spending, close all 16 of our supposed “intelligence” agencies for being more trouble than they are ever worth, and end the “black” budget. That is a major way we get the money to help average people with health care, education, etc. That and taxing billionaires and multi-multi millionaires out of existence.

17 Likes

Iran Shoots Down a US Drone, Escalating Tensions

IRAN’S SHOOTING DOWN OF U.S. DRONE IS A ‘CLEAR MESSAGE’ TO WASHINGTON, REVOLUTIONARY GUARD COMMANDER SAYS

Iran shoots down US drone in ‘unprovoked attack,’ heightening tensions

Iran shoots down American drone in “clear message” to US

2 Likes

Many if not all the parroted headlines and “news reports” from the military propaganda wing, use the term “unprovoked” to describe the downing of the spy drone. The MICC war-machine and arms suppliers are salivating over future profits “provoked” by the malignant warmonger trump regime and his allies Israela nd the Saudi saw murderer trump is so enamored of!.
Right, pulling out of the nuclear deal, imposing crippling sanctions, bullying the EU and anyone doing business with Iran, deploying the carrier fleet and bomber squadrons and constant threatening rhetoric from bolthead the mental, are in no way provocations! WTF? Past and this current trump/bolton pompeo regime have done nothing but provoke the Persian nation since at least the 1953 coup deposing Mossadegh and installing the Shah and his brutal regime for 26 years! Hey, he was a SOB, but he was “our SOB”, kinda like netanyahu and Israel or sadam until he wasn’t any further use.

Economic “sanctions” to force compliance with US (Israeli) demands are an act of war and only one of many clear “provocations”!

There is also more in the news

8 Likes

Even before Trump US credibility was suspect. Now, with a liar in chief in the White House setting an example for the entire country, credibility is nonexistent. I would believe almost any other country in the world before I would take the word of the Trump administration.

10 Likes

If at first you don’t succeed (in destroying the world for profit) try try again.

https://www.kimiversen.com/

1 Like

Yeah and it was as bad as Pearl Harbor, worse than 911, just like the Nazi invasion of Poland… Oh sorry, that was Russia-gate.

Peace
Po

4 Likes

At least they are consistent.
Now, a few hours later, some variation on my joke news story can be read in every major newspaper.

2 Likes

Shooting down drones is a guilt-free sport.

4 Likes

Apparently so is drones shooting down.

4 Likes

There seems to be a glitch in their targeting system…consistently confusing weddings, funerals, school buses and little boys playing stick ball with ‘terrorist’.

6 Likes

Folks: One way or another, the Amerikan axis of evil ( Trump, Pompeo, Bolton and Israel ) will have their war with Iran!

1 Like