Home | About | Donate

ACLU Demands Investigation Into 'Fascist Militia' Unlawfully Detaining Migrants at Gunpoint

ACLU Demands Investigation Into 'Fascist Militia' Unlawfully Detaining Migrants at Gunpoint

Jake Johnson, staff writer

The ACLU of New Mexico on Thursday demanded an investigation into "an armed fascist militia organization" that has reportedly been illegally detaining migrants at gunpoint at the U.S.-Mexico border.

"This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum."
—ACLU of New Mexico

3 Likes

“Mein Führer, look! We’re small-handed patriots, just like you!”

8 Likes

I don’t see the problem. None of them are appointed law enforcers, deputized, etc., so they are all operating outside the law and present a danger to the community. They are in effect vigilantes. Charge all of them, take their weapons, confiscate their property, put them away. Do your freaking jobs.

15 Likes

Dumb people with guns doing dumb things. They do not understand the liability issues or they would not be doing what they do. Kidnapping is a federal crime…ooops.

5 Likes

We have a lawless president so we can only expect his cultists to be equally lawless.

11 Likes

And where’s the FBI? Or are these soldiers of the Deep State?
Fascism isn’t an aberration now, it’s the American Way.

5 Likes

The border is being overrun; the federal government doesn’t have the resources; there is a ONE YEAR waiting list to see a federal asylum judge;the over whelming number of these people are economic refugees and will disappear into the interior where they will take jobs from needy American workers; border patrol is overwhelmed. Andrew Yang, presidential candidate acknowledges these realities. When will the rank and file left do so?
If you own land on the border and the government cannot protect your land from migrants, what do you do?

1 Like

these types of “people” make me want to puke, oboy, they have their AR-15’s, their “tactical gear” and they want to be “patriots”, a word that has lost all relevance these days, and they are playing soldier for the king. what a bunch of deluded, heavily armed FOOLS!!! Damn them all!

8 Likes

This is why we have to impeach Trump, to stop or at least slow down this vigilante criminal behavior emboldened by Trump’s rhetoric.

4 Likes

Sources, please.

1 Like

Actually, there is no crisis. Migrants right now, at 1 million per year, make up only one third of one percent of our 325 million population, a tiny amount. Families fleeing violence (frequently a murder or forced sex slavery) are running for their lives because US foreign policy since the 80s ruined their Central American countries (remember the illegal Contra wars, arms for hostages, etc?) and idiot Trump has made things worse by cutting what little aid they were receiving. Lying Coverup General Barr just ruled that even asylum seekers protected by US and international law must be incarcerated until their hearings, so I guess nobody is going to disappear. But illegal, vigilante “justice” is no answer anyway. Or kiss ALL your rights away.

10 Likes

You are right. There should be a task force of FBI agents all over this. But of course, Trump has politicized the justice department to the point where it can’t be trusted to serve “the people.”
What would happen if the vigilante group was anti Trump? Yup.

6 Likes

Hahahahaha, and one tenth of one percent of one half of two thirds makes three fourths of five tenths…
give me a break.
ONE MILLION PER YEAR MEANS ONE MILLION COURT CASES, ONE MILLION HOLDING FACILITIES, ONE MILLION PROCESSINGS…TELL ME YOUR NUTS AND BOLTS PROPOSAL TO DEAL WITH THAT MASSIVE NUMBER. Don’t obfuscate by telling me what percentage of the US population one million undocumented border crossings are.

1 Like

Citizen arrests are perfectly legal.

2 Likes

OR

Grant asylum to the refugees the US has created by its undermining of democracy south of the border.

You don’t get it both ways.

Bad US Policy created the problem and now people whine about the effect of the policy.

THERE ARE NO ILLEGAL PEOPLE. Get a Clue.

Only Shitty US Policy.

3 Likes

There is only shitty US policy? There are a lot of actors in this situation driving the immigration. They are not all American officials. There are strongmen who rise up who wield power and are not entirely created by the United States. But who will you negotiate with? When a major minng company from Israel, let’s say, wants to extract from Guatemala, how do you deal with that? We cannot absord indefnitely one million undocumented border crossers each year. And, yes, I agree a lot of what is happening is a result of corporate imperialism.
I wish all the progessives/liberals would work hard to end homelessness in America before advocating open border policy.

1 Like

You are being an apologist for lawlessnes.

They would be labeled…TERRORISTS!

2 Likes

Armed citizen’s arrests?

…You just don’t fucking get it, do you Ed?..The Gov has everything it needs to do harm to every one of these asylum seekers, they imprison them or electronically tag them till trial…and it’s on the ‘employers’ of these folks as far as illegal actions, anyone hiring an undocumented worker should be docked, one way or the other… a bunch of those border landowners need access to the river for water, what happens when there is a fence in the way? They can’t build it on Mexican soil …and I bet I’ll not get a rebuttal to this either…