Home | About | Donate

ACLU of Oklahoma Responds to Charges Against Tulsa Officer Involved in Killing of Terence Crutcher

ACLU of Oklahoma Responds to Charges Against Tulsa Officer Involved in Killing of Terence Crutcher

OKLAHOMA CITY - In response to the Tulsa County District Attorney’s announcement of the charge of manslaughter in the first degree against Officer Betty Shelby, the American Civil Liberties Union of Oklahoma released the following statements:

Please attribute to Ryan Kiesel, Executive Director:

“The manslaughter charge against Officer Shelby is welcomed and appropriate. We echo the Tulsa County District Attorney’s firm assertion that Officer Shelby is entitled to due process and presumed innocent until proven guilty.

###

I am very skeptical about the PCP being either in his SUV, on his person, or in his body. Sounds to me like the quintessential police plant in order to validate/substantiate any and/or all their unwarranted actions (shooting, tasing, handcuffing, etc) against human beings, especially those of color. They will do anything to avoid being found of wrongdoing or police brutality including colluding on reports, evidence tampering, unabashed and outright lying, planting drugs/guns, etc. They took oaths like:

The Police officers Oath

I........................DO SWEAR,, THAT - I WILL WELL AND TRULY SERVE - OUR SOVEREIGN COUNTRY AND STATE - AS A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT FAVOR OR AFFECTION - MALICE OR ILL-WILL_ - UNTIL I AM LEGALLY DISCHARGED, THAT I WILL SEE AND CAUSE ­ OUR COMMUNITY’S PEACE TO BE KEPT AND
PRESERVED - AND THAT - I WILL PREVENT TO THE BEST OF MY POWER - ALL OFFENSES AGAINST THAT PEACE - AND THAT - WHILE I CONTINUE TO BE A POLICE OFFICER - I WILL - TO THE BEST OF MY SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE - DISCHARGE ALL THE DUTIES THEREOF - FAITHFULLY - ACCORDING TO LAW.
SO HELP ME GOD.
http://connect.lawofficer.com/profiles/blogs/police-officers-oath
emphasized text

Guess once they are out in the field, they forget their sworn oath and their bad behavior is not monitored thus going unpunished and unabated.

Any loss of life as a result is one too many.