Home | About | Donate

ACLU Sues to Find Out How and Why Federal Agencies Are Accessing Americans' Cell Phone Location Data

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/02/aclu-sues-find-out-how-and-why-federal-agencies-are-accessing-americans-cell-phone

Too late. The Fourth Amendment was repealed years ago.

1 Like

Good luck with that. The incoming administration, and particularly Joe Biden, played an integral role in the establishment of the all encompassing surveillance state that made this kind of domestic spying impossible. And of course, they gleefully punished any and all whistleblowers.

4 Likes

Oh come on people lighten up, this is all for your own good and protection. Just ask Orwell’s big brother.

3 Likes

I am a card carrying member of the ACLU because I feel they do a lot of good for progressives.

3 Likes

All of us on social media are being surveilled. I stay away from all of it except my laptop. But that alone gives the data gleaners all the feed they need.

3 Likes

As americans we live in a fully functioning police state. If you think it’s bad now, just wait until they force the digital currency down your throat.

Everywhere you go, everything you buy, every social contact you have, everything you view online will be monitored and sold.

Look to China for our future - a cruel social point system, only we’ll have less paid holidays in the good old u.s.a.

2 Likes

Yes, someone needs to write a book called: AMERICANS, THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE FREE.

2 Likes

Exchanging land and resources and quality of life for a handful of beads and smallpox-infested blankets, anyone? Tracking is not just for federal agencies anymore:

With the 5G mobile network, it will be much easier to see your and everyone else’s location, and advertisers can target you with more relevant ads based on your location. The fifth generation of mobile connectivity brings everyone the chance to see the exact routes and up-to-date location information. It may scare you that everyone can track your movements, but you also have an opportunity to connect faster and easier with the rest of the world.
~https://www.geospatialworld.net/blogs/impact-of-5g-on-location-technology/

1 Like

I have a dumb phone in my pocket and the power is off. I pay $6 per month. I suspect that everybody else is getting interrupted with all sorts of randomly dialed robocalls and scams all day.

1 Like