Home | About | Donate

Admitting the Terrorism Watchlist Was Unconstitutional is Important, But Not Nearly Enough

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/17/admitting-terrorism-watchlist-was-unconstitutional-important-not-nearly-enough

1 Like

Chicago, Illinois has a book listing 300,000 gang bangers from age 8 thru 78. You can make it into the police suspicion data base by being a black or mexican male. You can never clear your name.

The article is wrong. This terror watch list is based on intel, careful listening and reading social media. Not a particular religion. We also travel the world hunting down violent terror leadership.

As of today, we have about 1,000 domestic terrorists and another 1,000 white racist types being monitored. We infiltrated KKK 1955 through 1970 and I am certain no one has any beef with that surveil.

That the U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia ruled that the Terrorist Screening Database is unconstitutional is certainly welcome. Butt that holding still needs to clear the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and, if it does, the U.S. Supreme Court before the game is over.

As to whether I have a “beef with” :“about 1,000 domestic terrorists and another 1,000 white racist types being monitored” and that “[w]e infiltrated KKK 1955 through 1970”, it depends entirely on the legal process that preceded the identification of people being “monitored” and “infiltrated” as “domestic terrorists . . . white racist types” and members of the “KKK.”

Given the history of such monitoring and infiltrating (by the U.S. and others) I would be very surprised if, with the facts in hand, I did not have a very large beef indeed.