Home | About | Donate

Advancing Its War on Science, Trump Admin Blocks Fetal Tissue From Being Used in Federal Research

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/05/advancing-its-war-science-trump-admin-blocks-fetal-tissue-being-used-federal

I urge all professionals in the field whose research careers will be affected to threaten to leave the U.S. for other countries who have viable scientific research centers and whose leaders aren’t complete buffoons. This pisses me off to no end. There is absolutely no question left about whether the ‘abortion’ issue is a ‘life’ issue. Choosing to voluntary end research that would prolong human life proves without a doubt that politicians make these decisions solely for votes from dumbasses.

2 Likes

While Christian fanatics and those pandering to them may have their own reasons for this autistic single-issue focus, I think we do have to admit that there is something ghoulish about this system that hides behind the name of “Science.” After the Nazis, we decided human experimentation should happen only with “informed consent” (thought it nonetheless regularly happens without it, or with it and under economic pressures). Is that the only limit? Or has something more fundamentally gone wrong?