Home | About | Donate

Advocates Applaud 'Historic' Moment as MORE Act Advances to First-Ever Marijuana Legalization Vote on House Floor

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/02/advocates-applaud-historic-moment-more-act-advances-first-ever-marijuana

1 Like

“What the world needs now is love sweet love, It’s the only thing that there’s just too little of.”

Except chill people.

6 Likes

And big beefy buds.

8 Likes

You really must run for President “bud-dy.”

4 Likes

Way too many skeletons in my closet. :)))

3 Likes

If 68% of American adults support marijuana legalization, then some of them should have realized that voting for any GOP Senate candidate is in direct conflict with their best interests.
Let ‘em smoke hemp in KY.
Meanwhile, here in CA, I’m rolling up a big, fat, legal Slurricane reefer and headn’ out to the river.
The result of a higher education.

7 Likes

Dude, you knew I was just kidding, right?

Someday you simply must tell me about those skeletons.

First, we must roll a fatty.

3 Likes

All good except the proposed 5 percent federal sales tax. What’s that all about? Just trying to get a cut of the state’s sales and as usual, the funds will disappear in the Washington, D.C.'s big black hole. Bad idea in an otherwise good bill. What authority does the federal government have to tax marijuana sales that are already being managed by the states?

2 Likes

We are all for “Higher Education.”

1 Like

Oh yeah I knew, we do need to do a fatty, or two, though.
Hope you and your better half are doing well through this shit show we call 2020.

2 Likes

Discover the beauty and fun of growing your own indoors or outdoors - then sharing or bartering. Problem solved.

2 Likes

The thing is that many of the states that have legalized are majority conservative states. Drug decriminalization should be a slam dunk issue for libertarian and conservatives alike, as they are constantly preaching that they should be left alone by the big bad guvmint to do what ever they please.
(Of course we know their stilted philosophy only goes so far, as they are more than willing to go to other people’s houses and tell them they can’t have abortions, or must pray at school)
Either way, not holding by breath. Nancy and Steny will find a way to fuck this up. I guarantee it.

1 Like

In a post-Trump USA, those will now be regarded as a qualification.

Small government conservatives never pass up an opportunity to impose a “sin tax”.

Yeah I guess, it’s long past time for the moral pendulum in politics to start it’s up-ward arc, after so many years of a freefall state.

Expect the proverbial dead cat bounce, at best.

1 Like

We are both still walking upright. This sickness is really exploding everywhere. Scares both of us.

Double masking anytime we must go out.

Be safe, and fire one up.

4 Likes

Great article! Thank you for posting it. While from an industry perspective, the description of state and county regulations rings true for California.

1 Like

Smoke it if you got it! Peace

2 Likes

FYI, Pelosi is from California and represents a district that is adjacent to or headquarters nine major pot companies, in an area with plenty of dispensaries. Whatever her personal feelings about pot, she wants cannabis growers to be able to access interstate lending funds just like other agricultural interests, and publicly defended doing so in one of the coronavirus bills. Republicans criticized her for it.

1 Like