Home | About | Donate

After 16 Years Without Trial, Guantánamo Inmates and Rights Groups Demand End to 'Unconscionable' Imprisonment

After 16 Years Without Trial, Guantánamo Inmates and Rights Groups Demand End to 'Unconscionable' Imprisonment

Julia Conley, staff writer

Challenging their detention, prisoners argue Trump's pledge to keep them there indefinitely is unconstitutional and based on his "suspicion of and antipathy toward Muslims"

Guess what ‘murka, after sixteen years the inmates’ “plans” to break into Radio Shack and cobble together remote and/or time-delayed controlled WMD has been foiled by Radio Shack’s bankruptcy. These inmates, most of whom were submitted to the system for bounty, cannot possibly have actionable intelligence concerning ongoing plots to compromise national security–unless one counts their potential to inform the public of the horrific treatment they received in the name of such.

16 years without a trial…locked in a hell hole…with food forced down your throat…unable to even kill yourself reliably. Got to hand it to you America I believe you have beaten the record and set a whole new bar. I know many of you are so proud.

Nary a day goes by when I don’t repeat these words: “I’m ashamed to be an American.”

This really is a blatant case of a situation falling through the legal cracks in our system. In our system you are supposed to have your day in court and confront your accusers. Decisions are reached by a judge or a judge and a jury after evidence and testimony presented. 16 years without a trial is a blatant exception to the rule of law that needs to be resolved.