Home | About | Donate

After Biden Offers 'No Comment' Response to Middle East Escalation, Critics Suggest: How About 'No War With Iran'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/08/after-biden-offers-no-comment-response-middle-east-escalation-critics-suggest-how

1 Like

In a few words Biden is the "can not do " candidate. Don’t go forward, don’t solve anything, don’t, don’t, don’t upset the apple cart (Wall Street). He even assured a group of fat cats that nothing much would change with regards to them if he became POTUS.
Some would call him a DINO, I call him a Republican mole doing his best to sabotage the mostly forgotten principles left over from the New Deal.
There is a good expose in the Nation, Nov7, 2019, Joe Biden’s friends and backers come out on top-at the expense of the working class. Unlike Trump he manages to keep his shenanigans just under the edge of illegality, but ethically raunchy.

15 Likes

A vote for ByeDone or Buttigieg or Bloomberg is a vote for a continued muscular US foreign policy.

Apparently there is no lesson that certain people can learn from one expensive fiasco after another.

Or worse, these candidates are owned by the MIC.

I’m going with B.

6 Likes

Biden’s Problem: Has he forgotten his public record of destruction or carefully threading so as not to contradict himself?

Biden’s primary campaign ploy has been ‘now, now lets not dwell on the past’.

5 Likes

"but there is one thing I will say: Jill and I are keeping our troops and Americans overseas in our prayers.

The epitome of hypocrisy…Joe!

6 Likes

“No comment” is relatively astute for ByeDone. He usually answers “What was the question?”

8 Likes

How does this corrupt, right wing fraud have any support at all? You can’t come up with a worse Democrat to give power to when we have so many societal issues to confront. His horrible policies are a big reason why we are in such bad shape. Sorry, but many Democrats are not on my team. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy in this instance.

14 Likes

Yes. Whatever the rest of the question. Just look at that blank white face: virtually featureless.

1 Like

Because Biden is exactly that…A right wing fraud!

1 Like

this man is pathetic and should just go home and do his thing there. ugh

3 Likes

Wow came home to “SHOCK & AWE” 17 years ago to a dark house where only sobbing could be heard when I opened the door. Then intense worry sets in and the only thing we could do was send packages hoping for our loved ones return. Prayed everyday and wished we would have chained them into not serving while we visited our war senator and congressman’s office only to be recorded and shunned. This morphed into imagining the intense suffering going on in areas where women, men and children ARE the victims of men with the biggest weapons >insanity and lust for land and resources. American greed coupled with the desire to fulfill a religious destiny for some fucked up religious hegemony has determined the stupidest in the world can be the most destructive when given license through a deity, who has never been truly represented by any man. Especially a lying sack like the one in article. Send your son Joe, instead of making him reliant on corruption>

5 Likes

America invades and occupies Iraq on false pretense. We kill 10s of thousands and destroy the Iraq infrastructure with shock and awe. Trump says,
Iranian general Soleimani is a terrorist with blood on his hands

4 Likes

Yes, this is the Democratic Establishment’s version of “thoughts and prayers” as a response to crisis.

1 Like

I don’t know. The Democratic establishment is horrible, but many of them are far more aware than Biden. He is in a league of his own and is utterly divorced from reality in ways many establishment ghouls aren’t. They are largely gaslighting, I think Biden is not only mentally declining and corrupt, but he seems to genuinely believe some of the ridiculous things he says. Schumer and Pelosi are as bad as you can get among Democrats in power, but they are aware that they are lying to and gaslighting people. I think Biden actually believes many of the nonsense he says, and to me, that is frightening.

8 Likes

Besides Biden’s cluelessness, I have to say that I was disappointed in Warren’s response, too. She wants to “get Iran back to the negotiating table”? How about first, we agree to abide by the Iran Nuclear Deal, which Trump has torn up? That would be the first step. It looks like she is taking Trump’s and Pompeo’s line of trying to get a better deal from Iran, while Pompeo explicitly says that if Iran wants its people to eat, it had better listen to the US. I get worried that Warren is still too much in the Establishment camp with regard to foreign policy when she says things like this.

4 Likes

You comment seem right until the last. Didn’t bye-done lose one son in one of the spots of forever undeclared wars?

2 Likes

muscular? more to the point> insanity serial killer destruction void of any policy which doesn’t satiate wall street. Coupled with the expense of others lives hardly viewed by them as a fiasco. Doesn’t matter who you go with the blowback will render them as well as the US hapless.

I am so sick of the “thoughts and prayers” response to EVERY TRAGEDY. That is not why you were elected! Get off your knees, stand up, and DO SOMETHING! And not just one politician… almost all of them use the same canned response then go back to doing nothing.

2 Likes

do you think that the man actually believes in prayer or anything else. He appears vacuous. At least Ronnie knew how to smile now and then until he lost his abilities due to Alzheimer’s disease.

meet you in the streets>https://www.answercoalition.org

1 Like