Home | About | Donate

After Contentious All-Nighter, Greece Bailout Approval Spurs Rebellion

Right. Notice how quiet everyone has been here (except for Bernie Sanders who has been critical of EU handling). Notice how the US govt stays out except for the visit by Victoria Nuland, which was no secret. She and Tsipris were photographed together. I believe the collapse of the banking system was enough of a threat, but I believe Tsipris was given additional incentives.

You’ve got a point. Maybe Greece would have become a war zone on the edge of Europe. Who knows?

You got it… You know it’s not the PC thing to say tho, right?

Anyway, in Greece you don’t pay property taxes until the dwelling construction in complete. A lot of Greeks keep a part of their houses unfinished so they don’t have to pay taxes. Tax evasion has gotten so bad the Greek government was gonna use tourists as snitches.

So yeah, i think Greeks have their work cut out for them.

Godess I hope so! I am beyond sick of Lloyd Blankbrain getting away with financial murder!

You mean like we uh-merikkkan peons who have yet to financially recover from our rescue of Chase, Bank of America, and Citicard???

Ah, so mum’s the word from our D/R folks, all of them, apparently … (smile)

you would certainly think that some of our fellow posters would connect those dots, but apparently that’s not the case.
what can you do? :wink:

look, lamonte, this isn’t about pc or not pc. that’s just, ironically, lazy.

this is about the fact sheet on how Greece’s debt was accumulated, by whom and for whom. If you’re believing the stories that this debt went to underwrite lavish Greek drug orgies among the unemployed, I’m not sure what can be talked about at this point. We’re living in two different universes.

If, on the other hand, you could spare the 5 minutes to consider how states become indebted, then maybe there’s a conversation yet possible.