Home | About | Donate

After Debate, Sanders Skewers DNC for 'Protecting' Clinton

After Debate, Sanders Skewers DNC for 'Protecting' Clinton

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

After Saturday's debate drew the lowest TV ratings so far this primary season, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) is under fire—yet again—for setting a schedule that rival candidates say was designed deliberately to "protect" frontrunner Hillary Clinton.

Obama destroyed he DNC after his election so this shouldn't surprise anyone.
The two other candidates have been objecting since the beginning and since it is about them too the DNC should be listening and responding.
However, Shultz worked on Clintons campaign against Obama and she apparently has decided she would make it happen for her buddy Hillary this time.
She must be removed, more debates scheduled and we can help with that.
We must demand she be removed. Let someone that wants to beat the Republicans take over.

Bernie: " It is time for progressives, in this country to stand up and demand a genuinely democratic process."

Amen!

Who is conducting the "independent investigation" of the so-called "fire-wall breach" and related actions by the vendor NGP VAN‎, Debbie W-S, the Clinton Campaign, and the Sanders Campaign sacrificial goat, who was "suspended" or "fired" for his supposed actions, and what exactly were his actions? When can we expect the comprehensive report - if ever?

The DNC seems complicit to supporting one candidate over another. The fact that the DNC Chair is allowed to be a representative of a constituancy is a conflict of interest - the chair should be independent and NOT beholden to any interest group!

The number of Dem debates the DNC controls and their scheduling are multiple manipulations that betrays the American people and an open Democratic Party, now as corrupt as the other half of the duopoly in control of our future.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263730-report-sanders-campaign-told-dnc-of-data-issue-months-ago

From Snopes, http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-campaign-data-breach-controversy/

"CLAIM: Staffers on Bernie Sanders' campaign deliberately and improperly accessed information about the Hillary Clinton campaign during a brief (30-40 minute-long) data security lapse.

WHAT'S TRUE: During a brief security lapse due to a bug on the part of third-party campaign information data company NGP VAN, four staffers from the Bernie Sanders campaign had unauthorized access to limited data pertaining to the Hillary Clinton campaign. The DNC has since pledged to restore the Sanders campaign's access to the voter files.

WHAT'S FALSE: The data were accessed over a lengthy period; the data were "exported" or otherwise extracted; the data were of high value to the Sanders campaign.

WHAT'S UNDETERMINED: What the staffers' intent in accessing the data was; whether the Clinton campaign engaged in similar activity during the 2008 campaign but was unsanctioned (as asserted in a suit filed by Sanders' campaign against the DNC); under precisely which circumstances the staffers accessed the information; the manner in which the proprietary software operated and the ease with which such data might be accessed deliberately or inadvertently."

As long as the republican lite DNC continues to force progressives out of the Democratic Party and continues to ignore the people for the benefit of Wall Street the military profiteers and corporations, they will continue to be responsible for election of extreme republican candidates.

The Democrat party is not democratic. Neither is the Republican party. The establishment leadership, of both parties, represent the interests of the rich. Candidates, like Hillary Clinton, serve as further proof that Democrats can be as hawkish on foreign policy as Republicans.

I can find no rational explanation for Debbie Wasserman Schultz's policy on debates. If she is trying to protect Hillary it is hard to see why since clearly Hillary is able hold her own in these debates. And why wouldn't the head of the DNC want to get the party's views out to more people by having many debates and in sensible time slots. I believe Obama has the power to fire he and I don't understand why he hasn't. It is almost if she was trying to help the Republicans and that also makes no sense. I just don't get it.

There should be many more debates......with people like Amy Goodman and Ralph Nader asking the questions.

"But a restricted debate schedule is also bad for Clinton. She has repeated delivered strong debate performances. In fact, a case can be made that those strong performances have cemented her front-runner status in the Democratic race. "

Actually, online polls conducted after each debate have inevitably shown Sanders as the winner in a landslide.

http://time.com/4154954/democratic-debate-third-poll/

And the chattering class and MSM inevitably push the idea that Hillary won the debate.

As long as more people watch MSM's slanted post-debate coverage than watch the actual debates, Debbie Wasserman Schultz's decision to help Clinton by limiting the debates will do exactly what she wanted: Keep the American public uninformed.

The question I would ask is: "Was the temporary breach in the fire wall an intentional trap to entice employees in the Sanders campaign into looking in, so they can then tarnish Sanders' reputation?"

George Stephanopoulos, and his crony pundit, opined during one of the breaks, that Hillary was actuallly addressing potential GOP rivals, rather than Bernie or the Governor. What message does this send to viewers? And isn't that special. DNC=ABC. NBC. CBS,...

Just quoting an A#$ such as John Nichols made me get an upset stomach.....
The two major parties are the "diminishers" in voter registrations......(google it)
"Independent" voters is the increasing one. (Not just the, "Independent Party"....non-partisans)
There is a quiet rumble in this country....against the "powers that be".
Lest they not pay attention, they will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off in the not too distant future....
(That's if some superbly insulted foreign government doesn't drop one on us before)
If CommonDreams can't do a better reporting job than this..................................
My God! John NIchols...no less........................................one of the worse writers that the Nation has had in more than half a century!!
(But, he does play to the powers that be....and that's the game, isn't it?)

Current DNC Chair "Debbie" W-S was chosen by Prez Obama, reportedly for her skill in fund-raising, in another of his countless idiot or corrupt moves and continued corporate subversion of the Dem party begun by Bill Clinton. Obama admitted he is a "New democrat" holding to the directions of the corporate-whore DLC.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/president-obama-declares-his-dlc-allegiance-says-i-am-new-democrat

D W-S refused Dem Party pressure/criticism to increase the number of scheduled debates - how is this creature able to maintain power to refuse? Why do not party leaders depose this incompetent? Who has that power? Only Obama ot what?

Why have Democratic Party debates become controlled by DNC functionaries rather than a non-partisan nationally recognized group, as endgame notes??

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/remove-debbie-wasserman
Sign the remove D W-S petition here......

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/wasserman-schultz-to-lead-dnc-052605

Emphyrio, this is an electronic false-flag 'plumbers' supposed 'break-in'
to the DNC Watergate ---- that was an Empire entrapment scheme that
went bad and is blowing up in Hillary and Debbie's faces.

What's happening here is more than it appears to be --- it is a fight not
only between Bernie against Clinton, the DNC's neoliberal-con 'D' Vichy
party, the neocon 'R' Vichy party, and the media/propaganda-sector of
the Empire, but between restorative democracy and Empire in America.

What we are actually seeing of necessity is a "Truth and Reconciliation
Commission" on America as the metropole of the Disguised Global
Capitalist Empire beginning to be exposed and rectified in what
will hopefully be a non-violent Second American Revolution against
Empire again.

I had told Bernie's campaign early this year in Rochester that to
come out of this thing, one way or the other, that he would have to
address the seminal meta-issue of the cancerous tumor of Empire, and
although his NH campaign manager tried to ignore this, it is now turning
out to be more of a confrontation than I had imagined.

Now that the Clinton and DNC's desperate attack on Sanders' truth telling campaign has employed an electronic false-flagged attack reminiscent of Polish soldiers supposedly attacking a German radio outpost or the Gulf of Tonkin attack on the 'Maddox' it is clear to me that Bernie is truly facing the entire force of the Empire --- an Empire which is both truly a Global Empire, more extensively metastasized and deeply hidden than any empire in human history.

Bernie's rational, restrained, and non-violent response to this
attack by the whole Empire reminds me of Nelson Mandela's resistance and
confrontation to the semi-disguised cancer of the apartheid empire in
South Africa in which he was initially imprisoned and immobilized (as
Bernie was in Congress), and from which the brilliant non-violent
response of a 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission' was the peaceful
path out of Empire.

Since we are just now at the beginning of this path toward full
recognition, diagnosis, understanding, exposure, and public
'calling-out' of this cancer of Empire --- which is the cause of all our
Maladies and our entire "ailing social order" [Bauman] --- it is not
clear yet (except to the youth in college campaigns noted here) what the
end point of this Second American Revolution against Empire again will
be.

As Zygmunt Bauman hauntingly puts it, “In the case of an ailing
social order, the absence of an adequate diagnosis…is a crucial, perhaps
decisive, part of the disease.”13

Berman, Morris (2011-02-07). Dark Ages America: The Final Phase of Empire (p. 22). Norton. Kindle Edition

So do I. It was serious, well-moderated, and handled in a very professional manner. It was classy and informative. I can't even begin to imagine Trump in a LWV debate.

That's exactly what I thought -- it was so "Rovian" (or Karl Rove-like) for Clinton's team to deliberately turn the tables on Bernie's integrity.

No way. These Democrats in Congress have worked too hard to get their legislation passed to want someone from another party to try to undo everything they have accomplished. They are liberals with liberal values so I don't think your follow the money advice in this instance will lead anywhere.

ctrl_z. "Keep the American public uninformed" --- and enslaved by the Empire they don't even recognize!

For my money, ctrl_z:

Clearly, the most important and optimistic sign in this debate was O'Malley
correctly identifying Trump as a fascist --- which should quickly
progress to O'Malley or Sanders exposing the fact and educating the
propaganda deluded American 'subjects' of this Disguised Global
Capitalist Empire that this Empire is the signal, seminal, and single
cancerous cause of all these 'issues' of expanding wars of Empire
abroad, and domestic economic tyranny at home.

Or as the late / great Jewish intellectual and academic expert on empires warned of the Nazi Empire and all empires:

"Empire abroad entails tyranny at home".

It seems like we are finally, at long last, after the last half century
going to learn the lesson that most other participants in the Second
World War of Empires learned --- namely that any country that allows
itself to be taken over, captured, controlled, and now fully "Occupied" by a
Disguised Global Empire which is only HQed in, and 'posing' as, that
country will soon experience apocalyptic collapse of its economy and
massive deaths of its people.

Or as Professor Robinson accurately diagnoses of the Global Empire of Capitalism that has taken over our former country only to use and abuse its "U.S. state apparatus":

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from
dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global
capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this
regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational
elites of the U.S. state apparatus to continue to attempt to expand,
defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a
“U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We
face an EMPIRE OF GLOBAL CAPITAL, headquartered, for evident historical
reasons, in Washington."
[Caps substituted for italics in the original]

Robinson, William I. (2014-07-31). Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity
(p. 122). Cambridge University Press. Kindle Edition.

That's what the Dems get for being republican light.The DNC is rigging it every step of the way & are every bit as warmonger & corrupt as the neo-cons in the GOP.Hillary's Neo-Con agenda needs to be met with a fomidable opposition!Bernie or even Omalley are far better than the status quo.

Bill Curry gave a great critique of the DNC and dem party on Democracy Now. The democrats lost many presidential elections and the Clinton's have sold the party to the corporations. Bill Curry did a great job explaining this on DN and I hope the Sanders campaign was listening.

The after coverage of the Sat. night debate was pathetic. CNN had Clinton stooges on and right wing republicans. Wolf Blitzer said it was good fewer people watched the debate. Fox"news"is still preoccupied going after Obama-and MSNBC the suppose to be liberal choice had no coverage what so ever-they had their pro jail racist crap!

This should not only be a fight for Sanders but a fight to take back the democratic party. Go back and look at the roots of this party-Hubert Humphery,Ed Muski ,George McGovern- The democrats lost because they supported civil rights-times have changed-demographics have changed-TAKE IT BACK! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!