Home | About | Donate

After 'Destroying' Canada, Stephen Harper Leaving Politics to 'Make his Fortune'

Trudeau and Obama will probably be enlisting Harper to help them pass TPP.

May he build his getaway retreat in the heart of the tar sands extraction operations in Alberta...take a swim in any number of the tailing ponds, and have 360 degree view of total devastation. That way he will not have to cut down any trees to either build his manse or to clear cut to unblock his "view." Everyone knew what Harper was going in and while in government, he just expanded his corporate connections around the globe. Hubris and greed are his motivators...not unlike any other number of self-serving politicos around the world with a plethora seated in the House and Senate of the U.S.

Cashing out.

Mulroney was both supervised and hugely disappointed to find that there were few handouts from the corporate gravy train waiting for him when he stepped down. May history repeat itself.

It not yet as lucrative as down south of the border but Mulroney does sit on the boards of many major Corporations In Canada in an advisory role.

Well, yes, it would have been enough for normal people, but I remember his complaining about the paltriness of the handouts he got. Classy to the end!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Let's see....both of them want the TPP to pass. And Trudeau wants to "reform" Bill C-51, not get rid of it. And he's against the BDS movement. Let's revisit this in a few years, when it's clear exactly what campaign promises he really intends to fulfil, and which get conveniently forgotten.

This has everything to do with Israel. He will be US Israel supporters (i.e. Adelson's) bagman and Netanyahu's toady. What a joke! Foreign Affairs???? I can hear leaders and their aides snickering in derision. He was reviled Internationally, our form of George W Bush. His view of himself is MUCH better than anyone else.

https://thinkpol.ca/2016/04/05/harper-signed-trade-deal-with-panama-encouraging-tax-evasion/

One hand therer is a sigh of relief that Harper is leaving politics but one the other, he now is being let loose on a relatively unsuspecting world to continue promoting and enacting his evangelical, irrational, destructive, non-scientific, hateful agenda. It would be lovely if some billionaire or a few centimillionaires would pay him to stay in Alberta, disconnect from all outside communications, and just wither away. Wishful thinking.

Sorry for the typos: typing on my Blackberry's small keyboard.

Hasn't Alberta been punished enough?