Home | About | Donate

After Explosive Grilling by Sen. Leahy, Democrats Urged to Read Kavanaugh "Committee Confidential" Files to Public Record

After Explosive Grilling by Sen. Leahy, Democrats Urged to Read Kavanaugh "Committee Confidential" Files to Public Record

Jon Queally, staff writer

After an explosive line of questioning by Sen. Patrick Leah (D-Vt.) during the second day of hearings for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, progressive groups are calling on Democrats on the GOP-controlled Judiciary Committee to read documents now labelled as "committee confidential" into the public record as a way to expose the possibility that the nominee may have knowingly received stolen emails ahead of previous sworn testimony before Congress.

2 Likes

Remarkably interesting. Leave it to an 80 year old Vermonter to find the shive to stick it in the back of Kavanaugh. I hope Cheney was watching today. Memories are long Mr. Cheney.

6 Likes

After we rid ourselves of the Trump menace, the next head of non GOP administration must pack the courts. Then we get to work on demanding that these judges not be for life/

2 Likes

What is the BS ‘Committee Confidential’ status of evidence. The powers that be always think the public cannot handle the truth. Believe me we can handle the truth and the future depends on it.

3 Likes

What a shame, The “Liberal Press” of the country is in full court DISTRACTION MODE providing FULL COVER for a HARD RIGHT SUPREME COURT FOR THE NEXT FEW DECADES. A Media that normally OMITS to cover ALL MANNER of serious news about wrong-doing by the powerful, in default mode, all of a sudden on the eve of Kavanaugh confirmation, is throwing distraction by the hour! BREAKING! BREAKING! BROKEN.

Dishonorable “Manchurian Liberals”

Rachel Madcow: laughing with glee at an anonymous NYT Op Ed saying Prez is “crazy”. Like it matters now. He GOT EVERYTHING ON HIS AGENDA. EVERY DARN THING. Enjoy the laughter like self superior ivy league democrats who in reality can’t even get their own party to count votes properly!

NYTimes: Launching a laughing stock op-ed and hogging headlines on a stupidity of a matter of no consequence! (Newsflash: prez don’t mind if you think he’s crazy, he won already…he got it all).

Bob Woodward releasing a salacious National Enquirer worthy book during the kavanaugh confirmation amounting to diddly squat and then gloating about it! Et tu brutus?

1 Like

Only 7% of the paperwork on Kavanaugh has been released. But why would McConnell care when he refused Garland a hearing for over a year? When he stole the courts from Obama and has packed them as fast as he could with Republicans like Kavanaugh. The secret NYT’s op says Trump is a danger to national security and totally insane. Trump is close to indictment from 5 separate investigations, Trump wants Kavanaugh for a “get out of jail card”. Of course they will slam it through like they do everything. This author is blowing smoke. The entire system is corrupt and needs a redo.

Perhaps these words of Mario Savio made at Berkeley in December of 1964 apply:

“There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part! You can’t even passively take part! And you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you’ve got to make it stop! And you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!”

2 Likes

I don’t think packing the courts is as important as impeaching those sitting judges who were confirmed under a corrupt process which hid their own lies and deceit. What is most important is fair, honest people who will follow the laws in a way that reflects human progress. The process we are now seeing has nothing to do with fairness or honesty - it lacks integrity - something that is the basis on a worthwhile court system.

If there was ever a time when we needed more like Mario Savio…Actually, more of the “Question Authority” spirit has been lacking for far too long since his time, allowing the frog in the pot to slowly begin to boil.

1 Like

But progressive “groups” were just yelling about Democrats walking out. It seems like Judiciary Democrats are a bit smarter than these “groups.” After all, it’s good for “moderate” Republicans like Collins to understand they are voting for a political hack perjurer.

2 Likes

While there is a lot of righteous anger at the establishment democratic party, I cannot help but believe that some posters might be agent provocateurs along the line of Karl Rove. They are trying to set up a situation where Democratic Senators cannot win whatever they do. And that is what the right wing wants to make the democrats look like. While they are not perfect, I think they know this is an unfair process that lacks integrity and I think some of them are doing there best to present that. I think the focus of scorn needs to be primarily on the republican party, Trump and their ilk.

And suddenly the nominee who’s been touted as a man of supreme intellect by the GOP wants us to believe he’s a complete moron, who not only can’t remember anything from his past that could cast him in a negative hue, but who can’t even understand the goddam question.