Home | About | Donate

After House Passes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Bernie Sanders Demands McConnell Let Senate Vote

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/18/after-house-passes-15-minimum-wage-bill-bernie-sanders-demands-mcconnell-let-senate

1 Like

Doing one’s job is the best way to campaign.

6 Likes

This was a meaningless gesture by Pelosi (allowing the vote)

So let’s see:

• We can’t start impeachment procedures because it will never pass in the Senate anyway

BUT…

• We can pass $15/hr even though it will never pass in the Senate anyway

Ain’t she clever. This is Ninja Black belt 3D Chess.

Edit to add:

"Minimum wage means ‘We’d pay you less, but it’s against the law.’"
-Chris Rock

5 Likes

Uh,

5 Likes

Thank you for the Leadership future President Bernie Sanders.

6 Likes

I beat Charlie to it !! LOL

1 Like

I picture the Turtle retracting his neck back into his shell.

2 Likes

I’m proud of this one so thanks for the opportunity to

Drop it here LOL

If there was such a thing as open season on Washington politicians, McConnell would be on my radar screen!

1 Like

Three House Republicans voted FOR this bill. Will wonders never cease?

4 Likes

An Exercise in Futility.

The House knows that Mitch the Mortician will never put anything up for a vote that might benefit We The People, they only pass legislation that benefits Corporations that take advantage of We The People.

Glad to see the House showing what they would do if they get control of the Senate and White House but they absolutely must embrace a Progressive Agenda and a Progressive Candidate like Bernie if they are serious about passing Progressive Legislation.

Mocking Progressive Ladies shows us that you are not really serious about passing this type of legislation if you do get control of the government.

4 Likes

very Mavericky of em

1 Like

And love that he (alone) put the SPOTLIGHT on McConnell – !!!

3 Likes

“Leadership” :)))

2 Likes

No way Yurtle ever lets this come up for a vote. Remember, even he is up for reelection and campaigning on voting for huge corporate tax breaks while voting against a pay raise for working smucks would be a hard balancing act even for him and even harder in purple states. The Bubbas are dumb as a box of hammers but even they might raise their hoods and go “Whaaaat?”

1 Like

I don’t just hate McConnell I LOATHE him. He will quash this long overdue legislation because Trumpo the Klown has his hand up Turtle Boy’s ass. These political garbage give new meaning to the word shameless.

2 Likes

Fuck the people of Kentucky for re-electing this pile of excrement last time and they will probably fall for his bullshit again. I wish his opponent McGrath all good things but she will have a large corporate-fueled political machine to battle against. McConnell is pond scum and corrupt to the bone. The history books of the future will name him as a key participant in this country’s decline. But Rethugs didn’t give a shit about that. Remember what George W, Bush said when a reporter asked him how history would evaluate him? He said - “In history? In history we’ll all be dead.”

1 Like

Let me guess grumpy, you think supply side economics is a viable system also. How come min. wage opponents like yourself never factor in the increase in economic activity associated with these wage hikes? Min. wage earners spend a far greater % of their income than any other class. In areas that have increased the min. wage, the effects you point to never materialize.

The House is only going to get one shot at an impeachment, and without support in the Senate, it would be wasted at this time.