Home | About | Donate

After Leaked DNC Emails, Superdelegate Vote Key Test of Party Unity

The true story of Superdelegates and how the original rationale has morphed into an undemocratic monstrosity. It was suppose to be a reform.

2 Likes

Sorry for you countryrds. The heat is oppressive over much of the country and the world.

It is becoming commonplace to have massive floods, roads washed out, people stranded . . . . .
What is the toll on nonhuman life? My heart breaks for all those affected by the consequences of human induced warming of the earth and habitat destruction.

I’ve been in N. Wisconsin for several weeks and it has been hell---- although we still have potable water and food so not total hell------yet.

Downed trees, people without power unable to get out of their homes.
And this is with less than 2 C warming AND with some arctic ice still intact (not much). Spent the day moving huge poplars and birch from the paths, driveways roads. There will never be “normal” weather again.

1 Like

The Bernie delegates need to walkout just to maintain their dignity. This is an abusive relationship.

4 Likes

So, all you Progressive (real) Democrats - how many times are you willing to get crapped on by these thugs? They pick your candidate and ACTIVELY work against anyone else who deigns to run. They rig the system so their corporate masters will always be in control. They have taken the Republican playbook of using social issues to mask their theft of wealth and democracy (and will never really deliver on those promises any more than the Republicans did to their base). The DNC is completely out of step with their constituents and couldn’t care less - they will keep telling you what you should think. Neoliberalism rules the day! And say goodbye to real climate action, economic justice, racial justice, self-worth, and security. Say hello to the permanent oligarchy. Green Party support is all that’s left.

4 Likes

Sanders came to an agreement with the Democratic Party a long time ago in his run for a Vermont House seat. "You wash my hand and I’ll wash yours. " He has moved as an independent through the House and the Senate on the agreement that no Democrat run against him. If he ran with Jill Stein, it would end his political career in Vermont.

1 Like

Apparatchiks, Lackeys, Bundlers, Gate Keepers, Super Delegates ( non-elected ). Those are the kinder words used to describe them. They are to most voters who pay attention nothing more than Leeches and Political Parasites. They’ll be well taken care of if The Clintonista Clan wins. A huge " if " at this point. Stay Clear, Stay Clean, Vote Green. P.S. Don’t send these people any $$$. Send it to The Greens. The Dims are worthless at this point.

3 Likes

It would be with you running for public office as a Green candidate. That’s what Sanders meant by starting new movements locally, from the ground up. I went through this same thing with a brother. It takes time and money to start grass roots.

2 Likes

Yes. Total, rolling, non cooperation.

1 Like

I have spent a decade and more repeatedly asking the same question, and not just to myself, but to anyone who would listen,“when are people finally going to say,” “enough?” and not only question the status quo, but reform it, dismantle it and take back its government. I was bamboozled into believing that Obama was our guy, and that after eight years of Bush, we had the right temperament and conviction for change “we could believe in.” There was change, but they were bread crumbs that were dropped to pacify the masses, to make them feel good about those changes; that was cover in order to cast a veiled net over the expansion of the war our government declared in the Middle East, for “We the People;” the drone machines that were and are hard at work; the demonetization of the whistleblowers who exposed human rights violations, and the violations of our privacy rights; they were and are subjected to harassment by law enforcement officials, and threatened with prosecution, or worse yet, tried and jailed. All those new jobs that supposedly brought down the unemployment rate using alternative statistics, and remunerated workers with low wages; that was more hocus pocus, just more breadcrumbs. Justice was “just a word we heard when things were being said” while citizens were and are being killed one by one from the bullets of guns that were held by the people who were and are supposed to protect our rights, while prosecutors, and grand jury’s look the other way and condone their behavior, and looked away when a secretary of state deliberately exposed state secrets and became the [presumptive] democratic nominee for President of the United States, a candidate who is a pathological liar, who supports more war, more free trade agreements, fracking, the expansion of corporate greed and the trickle up theory of more wealth to the top 1%, and the trickle down theory of more oppression and disenfranchisement of what we once called the Middle Class, which actually means a class of citizens stuck in the middle of government and corporate agendas.

That is a taste of what we have endured over the last eight years and we are no where near change, and that you can believe in. Voters continue to believe that their votes matter:

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.

Mark Twain

People are waking up, but are still hitting the snooze button, because voters believe they can change establishment politics, and this is more evidence that they cannot. We, like those in the justice department, have looked the other way so many times that we have surrendered the one true power of the American people, unity. Thirteen million people stood together and voted for Bernie Sanders, we felt the “bern,” but Bernie made his choices and chose to support the party that colluded against him, but you can’t criticize Bernie when the progressives have also gone begging, hat in hand to the DNC to change its rules and to adopt a more progressive platform, including the elimination of sueprdelegates. What did they get? More breadcrumbs that allow the DNC to cast its veiled net over its status quo. Nothing has changed, except we continue to bitch about it.

The change will not come until there is a groundswell; no, let me rephrase that, an avalanche of “we the people” who still believe that government is by consent of the people. Both the DNC and RNC live in a similar universe, it’s the progressives who live in an alternate universe, because they believe the parties will change, instead of looking ahead to the next [logical] step, which is the one that creates a new party, the Progressive Party that begins to feed off of the thirteen million who rallied behind Bernie Sanders. If the progressives do not begin to build a network of change because they walk blindly into the abyss of the DNC and demand change, nothing will change. A Progressive Party could build upon those $27.00 donations that they once sent to Bernie Sanders; they could organize a powerful party of fairness and equality, and develop a strong media outlet that values impartiality. There is much to do, and nothing is being done while we view, with repulsion, two candidates, who, in my opinion are even worse than George Bush, the son, which is something I thought I would never say, but I just did.

We can no longer depend on slogans or the establishment, because they no longer represent our democracy, but rather, instead represent their own [private] plutocracy. Politics is their playground, and we are their toys [batteries not included].

Change does not begin four years from now, after the continuation of more war, more inequality, and more poverty. Change is now, and if it doesn’t happen decisively, I don’t believe I can continue to ask the question, “when are people finally going to say,” “enough?” Because whatever semblance is left after four years of the worst administration that I could have ever imagined, irregardless of who becomes the next president; they will have the momentum to continue the downward spiral and complete obliteration of our democracy, our freedoms, and our futures. And, if you don’t believe that is true, ask yourself one simple question - if twenty years ago I had given you a view of the USA as we now now know it today, would you have said, “that could never happen in America?” Now think about the next eight years, and be honest with yourself, will things get better or worse if we don’t change the two party system and create a third national party? I don’t even have to be cynical to answer that question.

9 Likes

…the two party servants for the shadow fascist government hiding behind the facade of democracy.

Funny you should write this. I have just started rereading Sinclair Lewis’ “It Cant Happen Here”. I’m seeing it in a whole new light.

3 Likes

Ms Brazile’s entire livelihood depends on the status quo, so no mystery here. Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I think that we need to stop expecting change from the Democratic Party and put our efforts into making sure that 2020 has a real Green Party presence in the race. Oh, and to also make sure that Hillbilly isn’t elected President in 2016.

Jill Not Hill 2016!

5 Likes

Whether its Hillary or Trump, Wall Street wins.

4 Likes

I think the DNC has totally blown it this time, and will be responsible for the election of Trump.

Jill Stein 2016

1 Like

In one word, Fascism! If it looks fascism, and acts like fascism, it probably is fascism, thinly veiled as democracy for the masses. Always has been.

They are in control because they are sickos.No person in their right mind would lie and cheat like they do to achieve and keep their positions.

So, they say, you know, now what? You think you have the power to change it, go home,we own you! We can’t lose you don’t get it, they say. We own the system, lock, stock, and barrel.
We created and built it to the perfect system of oppression, known as Inverted Totalitarianism.

“The privatization of public services and functions manifests the steady evolution of corporate power into a political form, into an integral, even dominant partner with the state.” – Sheldon S. Wolin

2 Likes

The Greens need to have a smart strategy – Jill Stein is my candidate too,
but she won’t win (can’t get into the Prez. debates).
PLAN-B:
Send Dr. Margaret Flowers (Green, Maryland) to the U.S. Senate.
So pour all your dough and volunteer efforts into Margaret’s campaign.

If we can get a Green into the Senate, we can build the party from there.

5 Likes

Being a Progressive Democrat is the same as a gay Republican; looked upon as delusional gift givers put on show now and then.

2 Likes

I used the word brazen here as in “shameless and/or marked by contemptuous boldness”. Are you asking for specific examples?

1 Like