Home | About | Donate

After Nationwide Calls for Justice and Family's Tireless Advocacy, NYPD Fires Officer Who Killed Eric Garner

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/19/after-nationwide-calls-justice-and-familys-tireless-advocacy-nypd-fires-officer-who

1 Like

It is absolutely scandalous that it has taken this long. If NYPD expects me to cheer, they have another think coming. This is a damn drop in the bucket.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON !!

How is Oklahoma doing?

And the list has been made extremely long to distract from what the powers are doing in their sick globalization schemes.

How is Detroit doing?

United we stand, divided we fall.

12 Likes

Fired… big deal… he should already be tried, convicted and serving a very long sentence for the deliberate killing of Mr Garner… smh.

14 Likes

This delayed, and strongly opposed by the “Blue Wall of Silence”, decision, will never bring Eric Garner back! His supposed crime? Selling “Loosies” for which the out-of-control aggressive mindset of cops demanded he be “taken-down” and arrested, when he was arguably murdered by pantaleo and the culture of police violence against citizens of all ages ! Remember, remember, all the other innocent victims of police violence and utter contempt for their lives, and lack of training to prevent such atrocities!!

If cop aggression and rogue killer-cops are not held to account when the crime they commit are happening, there is no real justice, and more people of color primarily will be brutalized, shot, and killed by cops with a supremacist depraved mindset!!

The system is geared to protect cops, not the public, prosecutors just cops in suits, and that does not build respect or confidence in police that are not angry and depraved. The system must change entirely!.

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!

8 Likes

Think Kamila Harris and her LONG record of false prosecutions…

7 Likes

The link mentions the law passed called the Death in Custody Act. Last year the Inspector General of the DOJ released a statement and report. Apparently not having been fully implemented.

The Report can be downloaded

3 Likes

Well, it is certainly about time that this murderer has suffered some consequence for his killing. I hope no one uses the pictures of him in the news to hunt him down and blow his brains out as a lesson to all other cops and as an act of delayed justice. Oh, gee. I hope that doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Killing another person is deemed ‘reckless’ misconduct? Only if you wear a police uniform and the ‘Professional courtesy’ code is applied. It is corruption but certainly not justice:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’d think the opposite is more likely, that a bunch of Trump supporters who like to play KKK go on on a racist shooting spree to avenge this firing.

2 Likes

No only did this take 5 years, with no arrest as of yet, this murderer has been drawing a 6 figure salary all this time. Disgusting.

8 Likes

His crime was Selling “Loosies” while Black

This was too little too late

4 Likes

It takes all this work, pressure, and exposure to get even a tiny amount of the justice that should have happened immediately.
ALL the cops who were there were complicit.
NYPD and Police Union are still lying, trying to blame Eric Garner.
Pantaleo and his accomplices should do hard time.
But as with Trump’s high crimes and misdemeanors, some Americans just aren’t held accountable.

5 Likes

Phred, please explain (to this non murikkan) what a “loosie” is.

OMG. I didnt realise it was so bad. No wonder there is a travel warning for the usa!!!

3 Likes

A loosie is a single (loose) cigarette.

1 Like

As used by @Emphyrio above Loose Cigarettes, singles, one at a time, which is apparently illegal in some places - no tax collected the second time

2 Likes

Another look at cops evading justice for shooting/murdering unarmed people. The system needs serious repair!!

1 Like

I hope that doesn’t happen too. (Wink:Wink)

And he was killed for that!!!

1 Like

Well, he WAS Black when he did it.

That’s the mentality of many police here

3 Likes