Home | About | Donate

After Netflix Pulls Episode at Saudi Request, Comic Hasan Minhaj Urges Donations for Suffering Yemen

After Netflix Pulls Episode at Saudi Request, Comic Hasan Minhaj Urges Donations for Suffering Yemen

Julia Conley, staff writer

Taking advantage of the recent attention brought to his Netflix series "Patriot Act" by the Saudi government's objection to an episode that criticized Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, comedian Hasan Minhaj called on supporters to contribute to aid efforts in Yemen while mocking the prince's insistence that the episode be banned in Saudi Arabia.

Netflix can’t show that episode in Saudi Arabia but it should show it outside of Saudi Arabia. There should be lots of donations to the Yemeni Peoples. The NATO Nations should cut off aid to Saudi Arabia & switch sides in its war in Yemen. It won’t since the Houthis are supported by Iran.

Give Them Hell Hasan!

They do according to the article. I just watched it in the US and though he isn’t my favorite, the episode was pretty good - I especially like the part at 14:30 when he says 18,000 airstrikes from Saudi Arabia are ‘almost Obama numbers, almost’ (26,000). You can hear some in the audience gasp. If only Trevor Noah were capable of criticizing Obama with any depth.