Home | About | Donate

After Promising More Jobs From Trump Tax Cuts, Report Shows AT&T Has 'Done Just the Opposite' by Slashing Over 10,000 Jobs in 2018

After Promising More Jobs From Trump Tax Cuts, Report Shows AT&T Has 'Done Just the Opposite' by Slashing Over 10,000 Jobs in 2018

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Adding to the list of corporate giants that have slashed jobs since pocketing massive windfalls from the GOP tax cuts, the Communications Workers of America (CWA) released a report on Monday detailing how the telecom behemoth AT&T cut over 10,000 jobs and announced the closure of three call centers in 2018 despite receiving a $20 billion boos

I take second place to no one in my antipathy toward POTUS #41, but he was dead right when, during the 1980 presdential campaign, he called supply-side theory “voodoo economics.” How many times do we have to touch the paint before we believe the sign that says “it’s wet??”

Unemployment is low. But you can’t live on the wages paid, and it doesn’t look like jobs are very secure either. Wait until Trump’s shutdown causes people to quit ATT services. Ouch.

He was right when he said it. But that was before Supply Side became the religion of the Republican Party.

I wonder how my brother-in-law, a seasoned ATT worker, will feel if his job is cut. His family are all right-wingers. Evangelicals.

Also, I sincerely doubt that most people are talking about the “wall” per se- rather they are talking about government re opening and about their refunds.

They’ll probably still worship Dump- their savior- remember all those rights of the unborn!

Yup, you get to nurse them, feed them, clothe them, teach them the wisdom on to survive, then watch them go off to war. “Where have all the flowers gone?”
Rights of the BORN.

Exactly but those “fundies” do not think that way. Right to life only applies to the unborn. War, bigotry, poverty, pollution, wealth inequality- none of those count.