Home | About | Donate

After Speech Goes Viral, Georgia Lawmaker Not Done Condemning Attack on Reproductive Rights: 'Women Are Going to Die'

After Speech Goes Viral, Georgia Lawmaker Not Done Condemning Attack on Reproductive Rights: 'Women Are Going to Die'

Julia Conley, staff writer

After her fervent dissent against Georgia's anti-choice bill went viral over the weekend, state Sen. Jen Jordan made clear on Monday her primary objection to the so-called LIFE Act is that, contrary to its name, "women are going to die because of this bill."

6 Likes

Good for this woman! Is Georgia even part of this century? Hey, progressive men and women- come on up yall to a blue state.

1 Like

I am beyond tired of people without wombs trying to dictate to the people who have them what they can do with them. It is well past time to start regulating this from the male side of the equation-a woman can have only one baby at a time (small chance of multiple birth), while a male can sire many in the course of a year.

8 Likes

Typical ploy of the “States Rights” state legislatures. Claim the authority above (federal) is not legitimate AND claim the authority below (counties, cities, and the People) are not legitimate. This is a major Koch brother et al. tactic that has been effective because of gerrymandering, obfuscation, and many other dirty tactics these faux libertarians pull. Like the woman in the Texas legislature who effectively spoke similar informed outrage a few years back, keep up the fight State Sen. Jen Jordan. May you and The Enlightenment prevail!

11 Likes

Having lived for quite some time in Atlanta, the more realistic hope is for a continued migration of blue-staters into Georgia. This has been happening, for instance:

1 Like

I’ve heard some of these fetus fetishers say that a woman’s body does not belong to her- that she is just a vessel for a fetus. I wouldn’t even waste my time with their insanity.

2 Likes

I wouln’t hold your breath.

1 Like

The prison industry is ecstatic about this law. Have a miscarriage? Go to prison. Get raped, get an abortion, and you fail to file a police report? Go to prison. All these new prisoners will make the shareholders very happy. Welcome to trump’s world.

9 Likes

This is unconstitutional and is even against Roe- and the ACLU has a lawsuit - I mean suits.

3 Likes

We already have overpopulation - and prisons are bursting at the seams.

2 Likes

Republican Neanderthals! I shouldn’t insult Neanderthals that way.

2 Likes

Amazing ! Doesn’t she realise that millions of women are being killed in the womb ?

Oh hear we go- another fetus fetisher.

2 Likes

Perhaps they are stubbornly knocking on walls looking for a hollow sound (favorable judge) to do their bidding. And apparently it keeps getting a little easier for them to do it week by week.

2 Likes

I guess in your “dream state” women cannot have brains, cannot make decisions, and there is no such thing as overpopulation. Please go back to your right wing nut job sites- there are plenty out there. And people like you should be happy about Georgia and Mississippi. The ACLU already has lawsuits though. You can always move there and live in la la land.

1 Like

And please don’t forget that the right-wing politicians want this as an issue to hold the evangelico’s in line. Moreover if the issue has a profit invitation, they will adhere to it.

2 Likes

Yes, without the fetishers as I call them the right wingo’s agenda wouldn’t fly. Also, what would be the profit of overpopulation plus possibly more single women living on social safety nets?

1 Like

Every single one of these fanatics who think they have the right to tell women or men what and how they are “ Allowed” to do with their own bodies, should be locked away in a padded cell for the rest of their miserable lives.

2 Likes

My first pregnancy came at a time when news was saying pregnant women can do anything and be active. I went on a canoe trip as I often did in the fall. I tipped, took too long getting out, and turned blue with the water being so cold. The next weekend I had a miscarriage. I guess I could go to jail for that under this law.

4 Likes

Yes! And the “law” is also unconstitutional and the ACLU is suiing. Guess it doesn’t matter if men rape women especially to Dump and Devos.

1 Like