Home | About | Donate

After Week of Violence and Unrest, Warren Criticized for Conciliatory Remarks on Post-Coup Bolivia

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/19/after-week-violence-and-unrest-warren-criticized-conciliatory-remarks-post-coup

5 Likes

Oh Dear, Sen. Warren’s panderings are showing. Specifically, panderings to the Deep State (CIA, corporate establishment in the State Department, e.g., the “Capitalist to the Bone” elements of our government) with this very late and very weak statement. Earlier, with reveals about secret meetings with fmr. Sec. Clinton, and secret hand-written assurances to the DNC denizens, other major glipses of pander presented. Tsk, tsk. How dissapointing. But how unsurprising.

21 Likes

In the past week the CBC has carried a number of reports on the protests in Hong Kong and the Government of China cracking down on the same with violence. All of these reports concluding that the Government acts in a tyrannical manner so as to suppress dissent.

I have yet to hear a single report on the CBC on the tyrannical Government of Bolivia shooting and beating those protesting the Coup.

The Politicians and The Media work hand in hand here. If a given State not a close ally of said Government but instead seen as an adversary then Government use of force is unwarranted and to be condemned. If a Government seen as an ally than it is the protestors to blame for being violent.

10 Likes

Did you not see the picture of coffins in the npr report (reposted by Sen. Warren in the article to which you replied?)

1 Like

What has that to do with what I posted?

5 Likes

You typed:
I have yet to hear a single report on the Government of Bolivia shooting and beating those protesting the Coup.

Apologies - you were referring only to the CBC. Sorry. Kind regards.

4 Likes

Yes! How could anyone be surprised from the woman that backed Hillary over Bernie in 2016?

15 Likes

The post I was writing on was about the CBC and I was in the process of clarifying it.

Your link to the NPR had nothing to do with this. Further to this your NPR article is suggesting the Crowds protesting are armed and violent and that the elections that saw Morales win fraudulent.

7 Likes

Quite right, and again I apologize. Yes, you were referring only to CBC. And yes, NPR cannot be trusted for objectivity - nor it seems, from your post, can the CBC. Again, apologies, and kind regards.

5 Likes

Ok. I was going to clarify yet more but there no need now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI… CBC= Canadian Broadcating Corporation…a semi public service cable, internet and radio outlet. Tends to lean slightly…ever so lightly left/ Liberal :slight_smile: imo. Radio tends to be better than TV re: coverage of world events.

2 Likes

…and is having secret meetings with Clinton for god knows what reasons

7 Likes

I’d say “disqualified” if Warren wasn’t already disqualified for a bunch of other reasons. Like this one:

13 Likes

I’ll say it again. Bernie or Bust. We do not need another opportunistic poser.

8 Likes

Remember, the Democrat Party is not white nationalist. They care about people.

Different subject:

Hey CD how come you shut down discussion on THIS one?! Explanation?

8 Likes

Liz isn’t showing much care for the indigenous people of Bolivia.

10 Likes

And from Tulsi Gabbard on Bolivia… crickets it seems

10 Likes

When you are “Capitalist to the bone” you care only about that which can be comodotized. As of yet, the indigenous people of Bolivia cannot be comodotized… as of yet. But there’s always “Soylent Green.”

4 Likes