Home | About | Donate

After Weeks of Lies and Cruel Family Separations, Trump Says He Will Sign Order to Save Children From Horror He Created

After Weeks of Lies and Cruel Family Separations, Trump Says He Will Sign Order to Save Children From Horror He Created

Jake Johnson, staff writer

After weeks of spreading the outright lie that "Congress alone" can stop his administration's cruel practice of separating children from their families at the border, President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday that he will sign an executive order drafted by Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen that will end family separations by locking kids and their parents up together.

No matter what he does – He cannot undo the incredible trauma that these children will be haunted with the rest of their lives! No signature can fix that!

Compassion after the fact, What?

So this was a distraction, if we had real investigative reporters, they should be digging deep to find out what the distraction was hiding. Only truly demented people would use children as political pawns.

Whatever else his stroke-of-the-pen “fix” does, it MUST immediately reunite all families, parents and children, at government expense without any subterfuge, deceit, obfuscation, or BS delay! No weasel BS will be tolerated! Bring the families together NOW as efficiently as you ripped them apart!

Both trump and sessions are responsible (as well as others) and must repair as much as possible the grave damage done to those victims…the damage done to America will never be erased…or forgotten!

Why not remove the cause our interference in Central and South America.

The only thing he should be signing is his immediate resignation!

As “natureboy” pointed out yesterday, the immigrants are fleeing the cartel violence.

End the “war on (some) drugs”, diminish/eliminate the power of the cartels and the massive Northward exodus will slow to a trickle.

Of course that would eliminate the power of the prison industrial complex and force law enforcement to focus on the real threats (like white-inferiorist and foreign-owned politicians).

Sorry, I guess, but very angry and frustrated right now …

Check out the Guardian article about Orange Menace ending family separation … Scara – mucous stoutly defending “compassionate Trump stating he was taking bad advice from his admins … let the spinning begin … when did Trump ever take advice from anybody … Ya’ think maybe Scara - mucous is eyeing Sarah Huckster’s position so he’s sucking up …. God, these weasel bastards have to go … I couldn’t finish the article … I always wind up blowing like Kilauea in the living room …. the separations have to stop I worry that this is another boondoggle forged by the liar-in-chief and his minions.

And the White House mob is so compassionate they are leaving the UN Human Rights Commission because of atrocities against Israel? Is it me, am I losing touch … geezus look at Netanyahu and his butchers, gunning down unarmed, demonstrating Palestinians … sorry, but I have added Haley to my “Feckless C” list … it’s past outrageous.

In closing …. Right on! Protesters re: demonstration against Kirstjen Nielsen … no apologies there … it’s about time … Trump’s people get up on national TV and effing lie and then strut off the stage, guess they told us, huh … I say bull shit … fight back …

“I always wind up blowing like Kilauea in the living room …” I totally understand.

This doesn’t absolve the nearsighted and myopic administration or their architects and apostelettes. Rather than continue a war for oil that cost several trillion and killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians, how about a war against criminals on our own continent. How about a convoy of “buses to save the innocent”?

America the ugly

Look, the right wing is deeply immoral, everyone knows it. But we should also call them out on how this fits into their “worldview”. A free market, which they pretend to support, calls for the free flowing of labor across borders. Labor is a commodity in capitalism, there are labor markets, and so the state saying that people can’t go across borders freely is a “market distortion”. So, we should make them defend this decision on their own terrain. And we should also, obviously, take into account the historic and current role we have had in supporting dictatorships, corrupt governments and right wing paramilitaries in the countries people are fleeing. It isn’t as if we left these countries alone and people are suffering there because of the decisions they’ve made. Look how our government handled the coup in Honduras, CAFTA, NAFTA, the impact our policies had on Mexican farmers and the agricultural system there, the drug war, look at what we’ve done when governments there and Mexico want to put in place policies that benefit their own people but harm multi-national interests. There is an election in Mexico coming up, and a populist person on the left might win. We, more than any country on Earth, have a responsibility to these people. I also think that many people in the Democratic Party, that are rightfully critiquing Trump, should ask themselves what they did to challenge Obama on immigration, because he wasn’t very good on the issue. Not Trump like bad, who is?, but not good either.

‘President Trump: "We want security and insist on security for our country. And we will have that.’

…and a loaf of Wonder Bread in every breadbox.

Agree that some immigrants are fleeing cartel violence, but there are others who are fleeing as the result of US policies in the region. I’ve mentioned Honduras before, as an example. After the 2009 coup, Honduras has turned into a nightmare scenario, with the govt killing protesters and activists, and the US still giving aid to Honduras, regardless of it’s inhumane policies. Honduras now has the highest murder rate in the world. Guatemala and El Salvador are also still reeling in many ways from past US interventions.

scarred mucous will do that to ya… I find that taking a long swim in salt water seems to help

Laz –

We need to end the War on Drugs – period.

It’s as much a political tool to interfere in the business of other nations as it is
about profit of the few who control drugs and the alleged “war on drugs.”
And a way to intimidate other nations.

Of course, Trump himself, was sent away to military schools at some point.
He wasn’t a baby or toddler, of course, as many of these children are.

But, it has to have some effect on him? I remember two weeks at camp which
made me unbelievably homesick.

ifihad …

And the White House mob is so compassionate they are leaving the UN Human Rights Commission because of atrocities against Israel? Is it me, am I losing touch … geezus look at Netanyahu and his butchers, gunning down unarmed, demonstrating Palestinians … sorry, but I have added Haley to my “Feckless C” list … it’s past outrageous.

We’re all supposed to be hypnotized by right wing propaganda and NOT notice that Netanyahu is a
fascist. Or that the US is supporting fascist dictators all over the world these last 50-75 years.

Give the US Elites/CIA a dictator – Nazis, fascist whatever – as long as they’re against democracy
and Separation of Church and State they’ll disposed of them.