Home | About | Donate

Ahead of Climate Forum, Bernie Sanders Urges All 2020 Democrats to Back Federal Fracking Ban

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/04/ahead-climate-forum-bernie-sanders-urges-all-2020-democrats-back-federal-fracking

3 Likes

All I can say is this: WHAT ONE HELL OF A SHAME IT WILL BE IF BERNIE IS DENIED THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION FOR POTUS!

12 Likes

What would be an even bigger shame is if he wins the nomination and then, in the general, all the wealthy, neo-lib, corporate damnocrat assholes decide to VOTE TRUMP to keep Bernie from the White House and turning their priveleged world upside-down!!!

By the way, Shantiananda, if he loses the nomination one reason will be THIS:

4 Likes

I’m not sure we can survive anything less than Bernie. We need a hard left turn to avoid the pit

7 Likes

If you need to heat your home in winter, I have a design that improves a mini-split’s performance by a factor of 3. Solar heat is stored in a rock bed and then the mini split draws that heat into the building at 4:00 a.m. or whenever. Total improvement over natural gas heat, about 90% less energy and 100% less natural gas.

If your community wants renewable electricity at night, at 4:00 a.m. for example, I have three inventions that can solve this problem. I recommend storing a reserve of biofuel equal to about 0.001% of electric demand for emergencies.

What you need to hear is that there’s no innate purpose for natural gas except maybe for making plastics (and we’re going to go there too!)

2 Likes

Can only keep repeating that when we look at insane results –
Global Warming – we understand these results have come from insane policies -
and more likely corruption.

The rise of the right wing in America has come about because of secret, insane and
corrupt policies which have very surely controlled our elections via electronic computer
voting for more than 50 years.

See: Votescam – The Stealing of America

2 Likes

It was corruption and theft which prevented it the first time around –
why might this time be different?

1 Like

I wish I could trust Liz Warren on her fracking ban position.

But she always seems to leave just enough wiggle room in her weasel words to keep Third Way happy.

And with CNN running this town hall, I’ll wait for tomorrow’s highlight reel.

5 Likes

Corporations at the center of the problems are running the town halls and ‘debates’
What could go wrong?

Dont’ you wonder if Chevron. ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips and the Koch Brother will be running ads during this show?

3 Likes

I’d expect the fossil fuel industry’s best efforts at greenwashing, as usual.

As for Blitzer, Burnett, Cooper, and Cuomo – hell naw.

“asked about his famous global warming skepticism. (trump) offered an answer that synthesizes the world’s calamitous love affair with fossil fuels — and the trillion dollar questions it raises.”

" The United States has tremendous wealth. The wealth is under its feet," trump said. " I’m not going to lose that wealth. I’m not going to lose it on dreams, on windmills, which frankly aren’t working too well."

The words of an ignoramus in a position of great power - a state of reality that must be resisted and cannot be allowed to continue beyond his hideous term!!

The so-called reporter, show host, in the Vid seems an arrogant cheap poser..Hey man, bro, walk a fuckin mile in Sanders shoes, then you can spew your crap!!

The criticisms Kulinski leveled against Sanders for his campaign actions (or inaction) is weak jive and unwarranted - IF those talking heads were running for office they might see how asinine and shallow their criticism are - listen to his endless repetitive sophomoric blather - not constructive or accurate, IMO

Sanders should not “criticize” Warren, especially at this juncture! Bernie knows the politics game and we must trust his judgment! Providing an “alternative” to Warrens “plans” has and will continue to come in their appropriate time, but pressuring Bernie to trash warren right now by talking head wannabees is crap.

Saying the same goddamn things over and over and over for an entire show is NOT journalism - it’s weak and shallow crap!

This is not directed at you Carl.

2 Likes

BINGO!

1 Like

I agree…UNFORTUNATELY!

2 Likes

And big,greedy Pharma! These so called debates are nothing but a dog and pony show for the gullible and for CNN to receive revenue from CNN’s corporate advertisers.

3 Likes

This is a very truth telling moment. One that draws the borders on survival, near term. The fear of methane has not broken through to a vast number of humans. Paul Simon’s song, “Most Peculiar Man” has been playing in my head for months now. This peculiar man and his silent world, our future?

1 Like

" BINGO " really Shanti? want to flesh-out that response to the video that the bingo relates to? I do not see the failure at this juncture to “criticize” Warren rather than show the differences between the two in his own way as the end-all and be-all of this primary season. Sanders is “making his case” as opposed to the mind-reading BS blather Kulinski is pushing ad nauseam - and his mannerisms are infuriating - maybe that’s an age thing.

1 Like

I agree that Sanders should not stoop to infighting at this juncture. His platform can stand on its own without back biting.

1 Like

I don’t think Kulinski presented his case as “trashing” Warren.

It was more a matter of drawing distinctions where they exist.

That said, I would suggest that Sanders and Warren are preserving fertile ground for a Pres/VP ticket with one of them at the top.

Side note: Julian Castro just said no to a fracking ban.

2 Likes

Appreciated. My point was that Bernie needs to not be afraid of “hurting Warren’s feelings”. Bernie is the total opposite of a mud slinger BUT…there has to be a point where he let’s people know their differences, which are his strengths compared to her.

2 Likes