Home | About | Donate

Ahead of Paris, Unparalleled Coalition Demands Global Fracking Ban

Ahead of Paris, Unparalleled Coalition Demands Global Fracking Ban

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Activist groups are launching demonstrations around the world on Tuesday to warn global leaders ahead of the upcoming United Nations-sponsored climate talks that extreme fossil fuel extraction methods like fracking must not be part of any international pact to address global warming.

Marking the broadest effort ever orchestrated to oppose controversial extraction methods, over 1,200 groups from around the world have signed a letter to policymakers calling for a global ban on fracking—a false solution, they say, which has no place in an agreement designed to lower emissions.

Our war on ff's is not going too well...I wonder how effective, a mass and I mean mass boycott of as many products made from fossil fuels as possible, would be... like, anyone who could not go to work like one day a week for six months... and stay home that day.. .or if you can, just get rid of your car/s... AND STOP BUYING as many UNECCESSARY products made with plastic as possible... OR if you could ... quit your ff based job for one that is much less so... or become a homesteader/ organic farmer for your community....
AND STOP BUY ING MAKEUP / HAIR PRODUCTS ...OR SO MUCH OF IT... stop buying food out of season...
OR maybe we all could pull of a mass STAY HOME BOYCOTT for about a week... or so.. buying nothing during that time... ANY ONE WHO COULD DO THAT...
I may not have the exact way to do this, but this should be something we work on and KEEP DOING IT AS A WAY OF LIFE... if there is much much less demand for ff's maybe that would start to BRING THOSE FF COMPANIES DOWN...
I know, I'm dreaming.. I REALLY DO LIKE THE "Hey, let's just stop "... and just drop out of the system... IF WE ALL HELPED EACH OTHER.... and formed small tribal communities... WE COULD THEN HIT THEM UP SIDE THE HEAD/ How would they survive with out us PARTICIPTATING... I know that it is hard...but, if anyone who is rich or is upper middle class... and others who could help others... we could share and pool resources to survive....
JUST AN IDEA.... WE COULD ALL FORM OUR OWN COMMUNES...

I think eventually, THAT IS HOW WE WILL HAVE TO SURVIVE ANYWAY....