Home | About | Donate

Ahed Tamimi Offers Israelis a Lesson Worthy of Gandhi

Ahed Tamimi Offers Israelis a Lesson Worthy of Gandhi

Jonathan Cook

Ahed has exposed the gun-wielding bully lurking in the soul of too many Israelis.

"Over the past 16 years, Israel’s army has killed on average 11 children a month." (Photo: Alberto Hugo Rojas/flickr/cc)

I’m ashamed to be living in a country that supports Israel. However, given that the U.S. may be the most evil country in the history of the world, it’s not surprising that the U.S. supports Israel.

Notwithstanding the best efforts of Zionist apologists, this shameful event is part of a long and on-going pattern.

"The British government’s Foreign Office has accused Israel of illegal mistreatment of Palestinian children after a report by a delegation of senior British lawyers revealed unconscionable practices, such as hooding, solitary confinement and the use of leg irons…

"The report claims that youngsters are dragged from their beds in the middle of the night, have their wrists bound behind their backs, and are blindfolded and made to kneel or lie face down in military vehicles. The children are held in conditions that amount to torture, such as solitary confinement and no access to their parents.

“In a damning conclusion, the report points out repeated breaches of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, which prohibits cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment.”

When one is indoctrinated with Zionist myths like “a people without a land, a land without a people,” it is but a small step to considering the children of such “invisible” people as less than human.

The link in your link appears to be broken, but I found the (2012) report here:

http://www.childreninmilitarycustody.org.uk

Many thanks.

Too many Palestinian children like Ahed have been shot and killed by the odious depraved zionist regime! A blight on humanity!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iman_Darweesh_Al_Hams - "a 13-year-old Palestinian schoolgirl murdered 5 October 2004, in Gaza. "IDF commander of the soldiers who shot her was accused by his comrades and Palestinian witnesses of using automatic fire to deliberately shoot her repeatedly" racist murderers!

Funny how Zionists were able to turn phrase “never again” into a license to hate and oppress.

And by funny I mean sad.

Israel: The sixth country at the UN with a veto.

The tactic of playing the victim card has been used around the world for centuries, and likely for millenia. The Zionists have almost certainly done this more successfully than anyone else, with hundreds of thousands of followers.

I have noticed from my readings of history that in war, the most vile side recruits the others to debase their morality to the same side. Hitler was the master teacher of the Zionists: he taught them to adopt the master race ideology of the ancient Jews, but also demonstrated there are important limits to what one can get away with. Unfortunately, Israel not only has about 100 or more nuclear weapons, its vassal state has thousands which are used to threaten the rest of the world to not only let Israel alone, but to not take reasonable diplomatic steps with Israel, such as denying trade and travel privileges until Israel conforms to international law.

One would think there are a large number of Israeli troops and veterans who are appalled, if not at the actual violence to civilians, at least to their reputation as being among the world’s best soldiers. This is especially true since in Israel it was true, and likely still is, that military is a prime requirement for first class citizenship, resulting in many soldiers who think like civilians and not like military or religious zealots.

I’m not so sure that Hitler taught the Zionist anything. I think that they believe that they had the right to take over Palestine because they are the Chosen People. The problem here is the genocide they are commiting with impunity from the entire global political scene. Boycott and Divestment worked against South African Apartheid but there is no universal will to use it again. The entire world has mushy morals. Money money money money money more for me!

I was at one time dirt poor, but through hard physical labor and thrift I managed to struggle to a modest retirement by age 47. The freedom of retirement caused a thought to dawn on me: “Having more money will do nothing to better my rather solitary life. Neither will more assets I might buy with such money.” The only thing which would be a source of joy for me would be some assurance of Spiritual salvation.
We all know the instructions for achieving this. They are in the mere 250 pages or so of the Gospels in the Christian Bible. From them we might conclude that young ladies should probably not slap soldiers but neither should soldiers probably be too harsh in disciplining them.

Israelis shot her cousin in the face, at close range with a rubber coated steel bullet - did you miss that?
Courage is ‘Spiritual’, anger is ‘Spiritual’ when you’re occupied illegally.

Abby Martin on Ahed Tamimi.

http://theempirefiles.tv/

Peace
Po

I agree completely with what you’re saying, that her protesting is probably justified. I was mostly responding to the prior post about money. For the Spiritual it has little significance after basic needs are met. What does have significance is living in peace and resisting the temptation for revenge. God says, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” (Personal experience has taught me the truth of this.)

There is no right way to do a wrong thing. In jail or in death, there is still freedom of the mind and an ideal can never be completely extinguished. A body can be conquered but a mind cannot be successfully occupied by force and fear alone, so long as there is a will to live in freedom and to resist perceived oppression. Ahed Tamimi is: Malala and Joan of Arc and Anne Frank and Noor Inyat Khan and every young woman throughout history that chose to speak truth to power at risk of life and limb. The memory of these women can never be extinguished and their names and deeds will long outlive the actions of their oppressors. If you doubt this, then please tell me the names of the pair of armed soldiers that were slapped into history by an unarmed sixteen year old girl?

I think that the people running Israel deliberately inflame the Palestinians so that they will do something that will make them look like ‘animals’. In this way they hope that the Jewish violence looks more acceptable.
This is similiar to America when it creates the bullshit needed to attack a country that never threatened or attacked the US.
The Jews have paid a very high price for their aggressions but they prefer aggression to peace.

I was five years old when the tiny State of Israel was created. I have yet to see any instance of Israel ever having “paid a high price” (suffered) for its never-ending acts of aggression. And now its politics are run by the extreme right-wing and the crazed Orthodox zealots. The entire country of Israel appears to have lost its mind.

Jewish aggressions did not start when Israel became a country