Home | About | Donate

Aid Groups Issue Grave Warnings as US Considers Major Escalation of Military Role in Yemen

Aid Groups Issue Grave Warnings as US Considers Major Escalation of Military Role in Yemen

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In a "horrifying" development that international aid groups and independent critics warn could worsen what is already the world's most devastating humanitarian crisis, the Trump administration is reportedly considering a plan to greatly expand the U.S.

Hodeida in only 100 mi as the crow flies from Sana’a and probably about 200 mi via ground transportation. This is a fucking war crime in an already existing fucking war crime. The nearest alternate port is Aden, which I believe to be under Sunni control (but am not sure). Destruction/capture of Hodeida would be like a guillotine on Sana’a. Fuck all of this war shit and all US involvement with it. The Red Sea is becoming the second Dead Sea in a big hurry.

Drumpf is a sword dancin’ P.O.S.

Is everyone else seeing all the supposed-to-be-hidden html codes in this article, making it unreadable?

Maybe if Yemenis became Norwegians…

Direct Democracy

I am.

They fixed it.

http://scientistsascitizens.org/2014/05/15/academics-and-scientists-on-preventing-war/

“Since the end of World War II, there have been 248 armed conflicts in 153 locations around the world. The United States launched 201 overseas military operations between the end of World War II and 2001, and since then, others, including Afghanistan and Iraq. During the 20th century, 190 million deaths could be directly and indirectly related to war — more than in the previous 4 centuries.”

“The proportion of civilian deaths and the methods for classifying deaths as civilian are debated, but civilian war deaths constitute 85% to 90% of casualties caused by war, with about 10 civilians dying for every combatant killed in battle. The death toll (mostly civilian) resulting from the recent war in Iraq is contested, with estimates of 124,000 to 655,000 to more than a million, and finally most recently settling on roughly a half million. Civilians have been targeted for death and for sexual violence in some contemporary conflicts. Seventy percent to 90% of the victims of the 110 million landmines planted since 1960 in 70 countries were civilians.”

ALL wars in fact are wars against innocent Civilians no matter how the Media or the State spins it.

Times have really changed
Kennedy proclaimed that world peace is “the most important topic on earth….not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women – not merely peace in our time but peace for all time.”
What kind of peace do we seek…?” Not one “enforced on the world by American weapons of war…I am talking about…the kind of peace…that enables people…to hope and to build a better life for their children—not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women.”

I’m so sick of the endless wars and apparently no way to stop them without being beaten down by this hyper militarized police state. A completely evil government of willing wanton murderers, this war of terror.

Yes! Times have changed. Before we had a president that was really for peace, and he got assassinated by the right wing slobs of that era. And now one of those right wing slobs is president.

A century of US military aggression:

https://sites.evergreen.edu/zoltan/interventions/

The new mentality of both the DNC and RNC
“We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.”

Yet another country absolutely destroyed by the United States to “save” it from one of our enemies. I’m sure the Yemeni are grateful.

Fascist Trump wants to be the US junta leader driving all of us mad.

I’ve heard trump supporters say “purpose of war is to controll over population”. The slobs don’t realize that Wars actually contribute to over population by creating greater poverty and ignorance.

Saudi/Israelis must not be allowed to win in Yemen most of all.

Yes, Republican and Democratic presidents and legislators are together in running up our national debt to over 20 trillion dollars, much of which is related to our extensive military involvement world wide. And that includes expensive wars on the other side of the planet.

Where in the World Is the U.S. Military?
(https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/us-military-bases-around-the-world-119321). Great map showing how appalling our military wide involvement is in other countries.

It is absolutely appalling to see where our military involvements are throughout the entire world. Much more extensive than any other country in the world or in world history. Yet we Americans consider it as business as usual. Everyone needs to look at this map to see how extensive our involvement is world wide, much more extensive than any other country in the world, or any other country in world history.

Population control? The first thing that a group of war survivors does after the war is settle and have a big family. I’m one of those, a baby boomer. Baby boomers around the world after WWII.