Home | About | Donate

Aiming to 'Build a Movement Across Borders,' Ocasio-Cortez and Corbyn Discuss Climate, Immigration, and Economic Justice

Aiming to 'Build a Movement Across Borders,' Ocasio-Cortez and Corbyn Discuss Climate, Immigration, and Economic Justice

Julia Conley, staff writer

Two popular progressive figures indicated that they'd formed a new alliance this weekend, as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) spoke extensively with Jeremy Corbyn, head of the U.K.'s Labour Party, about their shared commitment to push bold, forward-thinking proposals.

Corbyn thanked Ocasio-Cortez for "challenging the status quo" just a month into her first term in Congress following her surprise primary victory against 10-term, pro-business Democratic Rep. Joe Crowley.

2 Likes

AOC has courage! Too bad so many of her colleagues in congress are political, cowards. Also you have to know AOC is on the right track and stepping on the wealthy toes, when she is demonized and excoriated, without mercy on F…News!

3 Likes

She has all of that and is also very beautiful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I said this a few weeks ago, it’s even more urgent now. While these two talking and strategizing is a good thing for the 99%, it puts a very big target on their backs. I’ve seen too many pictures of OAC walking around by herself. Please you two, beef-up you’re security, the last thing the people want is to read you’re obituaries.

1 Like

Supposed to read AOC.

0 Likes

Apparently, AOC talking to Corbyn means that she is an anti-semite according to the tinfoil hat crowd, AIPAC and the JDL.

1 Like

A speech to AIPAC pretty much dooms a candidate in my book.

1 Like

Build Movements, Not Walls.

2 Likes

That is why she gets so much media coverage. She follows their bottom line. I was expecting to hear something like that. We could do a point system. Or give out cards for which points are covered. She’s still fairly brave.

0 Likes