Home | About | Donate

Alarmed by 'Rapidly Worsening' Pandemic, Top Health Experts Urge GSA Administrator to Immediately Begin Presidential Transition

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/19/alarmed-rapidly-worsening-pandemic-top-health-experts-urge-gsa-administrator

1 Like

Not that it would help much but why does Fauci have to wait for trump to “Clear Him to Work with the Biden Transition Team”?

3 Likes

Fauci should be able to do whatever he wants, seeing how he is in no danger of being fired. Trump knows that if he fires Fauci, WHO, the Gates Foundation, and many states would be competing to hire him post haste.

When Biden launches Nuremberg style trials on January 21 to bring Trump, his appointees, and other enablers to justice, Emily Murphy needs to be on the docket right behind Trump, Attorney General Barf, Press Secretary Smackaninny.

With more blood on her hands with each passing day, Murphy’s complicity cannot be ignored.

4 Likes

Trump is apparently all-in on a 12th amendment strategy now so he’s not going to cooperate with democracy

Michigan GOP lawmakers meeting with Trump as he tries to stop state from certifying Biden win
~https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/michigan-gop-lawmakers-meeting-with-trump-as-he-tries-to-stop-state-from-certifying-biden-win/

edit: And now I’m hearing on the radio that they are trying this scam on a number of other states

2 Likes

“When Biden launches Nuremberg style trials on January 21 to bring Trump, his appointees, and other enablers to justice”

If only…

4 Likes

Start building the gallows in Washington DC now.

As many as will need to be built, they should all be ready by January 20th, 2021.

2 Likes

A while back Biden hosted G. W. Bush to present him with an award. We can tell by Biden’s apparent comfort with Bush that a punishment for war crimes is not going to happen.
That is likely the pattern he will follow with trump and associates.
That doesn’t mean civilian court won’t though.

3 Likes

While I fervently wish for the outcome you posit I think it will not happen. The best we can hope for in making Trump answer for his crimes lies with state Attorneys General bring suit in state courts.

In a best of all possible worlds Barr would be disbarred for conduct unbecoming an attorney and his flagrant violations of his office. I think, instead, he will become a senior partner in a large and prestigious law firm.

In fact, and sad to note, outrageous even, none of this administrations horrific members will face the justice they so deserve.

I hope I am wrong but think not. The best we can do is learn the value of participating in our democratic processes to ensure that no other would be demagogic dictator is ever elected again.

4 Likes

Biden is not going to do that any more than Saint Barrack did with the Bush crimes
I wish he would, but Biden doesn’t really car that much about democracy either

Get use to hearing “looking forward not backward” and “for the good of the country…”

8 Likes

This is one more reason why Trump and his enablers need to be held accountable for their crimes against humanity. It is not as though they are unaware that these delays put many thousands of people at great risk. They know this is the case, and yet they continue to use these genocidal tactics for political gain.

If Biden and the Democrats are unwilling to address this much-need moral cleansing of our national consciousness, hopefully some international group will take up the cause and do it for us.

2 Likes

The hard part with your suggestion is get to get people on board that will actually vote as necessary to oust someone like that.
Instead we get “no duopoly”. Or " won’t vote for the LOTE."
We have seen what that can bring us. Trump 2016, and almost a trump 2020.

International. Brings to mind the fact that Kissinger and Cheney can’t travel abroad, as they may be arrested for war crimes.

2 Likes

These fools fail to realize that after Jan. 20, 2021 their resume’s are going to be worth less than zero when it comes time to find a new job. Potential employers should drop Murphy’s straight into the trash after receiving it.

I am very much aware of the ‘negative nellies’ here and elsewhere, some of whom are too lazy to vote and make excuses, others have equally unproductive reasons for their nonparticipation and the attempt to influence others to do the same, and, I am forced to add, those who see correctly but fail to see at all how to make changes. I would remind you that this election saw a record turnout of voters, unequalled in our nation’s history.
I must oppose your jaundiced opinion of Joseph Biden as well, at least in that he even distantly approaches the evil that is Donald Trump.
A Centrist certainly, a history of voting for things with which I vehemently disagree as well , but a man who can learn I believe and one who has signalled his support for much of what we both seek.
Biden, unlike Trump, can be influenced by the public, if only we do so.

Yes, a pipe dream at best. Because Biden knows he will be the next war criminal.

5 Likes

Not only Fauci but any cabinet secretary could do that.

Biden will only be influenced by lobbyists and campaign donations, just like every other “centrist” Democrat.

5 Likes

Biden already is a war criminal.
Dubya’s Iraq invasion would not have been possible without Biden.

7 Likes

I agree with all you said. I don’t see where my view is jaded or jaundiced though.
I don’t know a whole lot about Biden other than the Bush award thing.
One thing I can appreciate about him is his calm demeanor.
Rabble rousing would be okay too, but from a different person.

1 Like

That should be interesting to watch. A reluctant Biden being chased around by Bernie and the squad.

1 Like