Home | About | Donate

Albert Woodfox Release Blocked by Louisiana Court

Albert Woodfox Release Blocked by Louisiana Court

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Albert Woodfox, the last remaining inmate of the "Angola 3," whose 43-year sentence in solitary confinement has drawn international condemnation from human rights groups, will not be freed from a Louisiana prison on Friday despite a court ruling earlier this week that called for his unconditional release.

I can't be sure, of course, but I suspect Huey would have sacked everyone involved the first time the crookedness was disclosed. He never seemed to be too thrilled by anyone oppressing the poor.

Reminds me of this classic Neville Brothers song:

i'm with you and would've been with him. these racist bullies should be tried and put in prison themselves.

Lots of people have committed armed robbery, have served time and then have been released. Mr. Woodfox's 43 year additional crime seems to mostly be about something that he said.

Yes,

You are partially right, I think. Woodfox is probably a political prisoner. The FBI in Operation CONITELPRO stalked, set up, and exterminated many of the "Black Panthers" who were following the police around to stop their illegal abuse of citizens. The Panthers had researched gun laws and were packing heat. Armed struggles broke out, if I recall, in Oakland, I think it was.