Home | About | Donate

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is Under Fire Because She’s Right

And…?

I love her and would not place such a tremendous burden on her shoulders.

Why have leaders in a democracy when we can all lead?

Thank you, Jesse Jackson! You continue with your message of love and compassion for our fellow man!
Each leader has a message. No one leader has them all. AOC is working on the Green New Deal. Tulsi is asking to curtail war, so she is my favorite. Bernie sounded the drumbeat for the nation as a whole to wake up and energize to improve policy. Warren is tackling banking.
Dont make someone number one right now. Let all these important changes take place. Push them all forward.

Yup. Howard Schultz recently said that he doesn’t like the word “billionaire” and that maybe we should start calling them “people of wealth”. I agree that the word “billionaire” doesn’t adequately describe them. But I prefer the term “guillotine-bait”. If things don’t change soon - if the plutocrats and oligarchs keep ignoring the needs and the will of the working class, I foresee a time coming when carpenters and forgers will be busy making the tools of the brutal downfall of our plutocracy. As another past president once wrote, “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

There could be a number of reasons. The two most likely:

1. She has simply been taken in by the rampant anti-Maduro propaganda.

2. Given that it’s pretty certain Trump is going to push through this Venezuela coup, she probably reckons Venezuela is not the hill she wants to die on.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is right that we need green policy to avoid way over-heating our planet. She is also right that we need a new deal. Too many Americans have trouble making ends meet. This is mostly because our Gini index is way too high.

You give her far too little credit. She’s an incredibility bright and well-informed individual. She holds degrees in international relations and economics from Boston University. She’s no lightweight and she’s shown that already, having responded to attacks with the zeal of someone who knows what she’s talking about.

I seriously doubt that.