Home | About | Donate

All I Want for My Birthday

All I Want for My Birthday

Diane Ravitch

Dear Friends,

Today is my birthday. I am 78 years old. I was born at 12:05 a.m. in St. Joseph’s Hospital in Houston, Texas, to Walter and Ann Silvers. I was their third child. Five more would follow. Eventually we were five boys and three girls. My dad was born in Savannah and dropped out of high school. My mother was born in Bessarabia, came to the U.S. at age 9, and graduated from the Houston public schools, one of the proudest achievements of her life. She prided herself on her perfect English. She was an American and a Texan.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Charles_Koch%27s_Plot_to_Hijack_US_Universities_and_Spread_His_Radical_%22Free-Market%22_Propaganda/52371/0/38/38/Y/M.html

This an article detaling how the Koch Brothers use donations to Universities to advance their Libertarian "market based " ideology. It included in many cases input as to who can be hired to teach and what can be taught.To some degree this happens the world over under the neoliberal ideology where all of what was once the Commons is being dismantled in favor of private for profit interests. As more of the Public school system dismantled there no doubt they and others with that tremendous wealth will do much the same at the Grade school level, a process which has already started.

This not about education. It about indoctrination and it will start at an ever earlier age.

Happy birthday, certainly (which you share with my first born), and I think I'm with you. But I need to know more about the threat you perceive and what you plan to do about it.

Another boilerplate ATTACK on a writer.

Ms. Ravitch has written COUNTLESS articles on this subject.

You turn the very real and ACTUALIZED threat to public schools into something she is imagining and must document for "skeptics" like you.

Just ridiculous.

I saw through you from Day 1. But that's how it goes in these threads. Old plants take up new screen names and push the same Libertarian memes, sometimes playing the act of Columbo, the detective. Other times, new names emerge that follow the same exact protocols.