Home | About | Donate

'All Out-War' in North Dakota as Armored Police Arrest 141 Water Protectors

'All Out-War' in North Dakota as Armored Police Arrest 141 Water Protectors

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Police arrested 141 people in North Dakota on Thursday, moving in with pepper spray and armored tanks on Native American water protectors and other activists who for months have waged resistance against the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL).

"And then they came for me".
This is what we can expect from a Clinton White House. Whether the TPP is passed or not, corporations rule and the police and army will back them up.
My heart breaks.

water defenders!

the ceo of energy transfer partners is kelcy warren - he has the power to end this

his email is kelcy.warren@energytransfer.com

let him know what you think right in his inbox

share widely - tweet - retweet - nodapl

The photos say it all. 100 cops in full body armor with guns and tanks, versus water Protectors who pray and sing. Those cops must be so proud and manly!

And who is paying them to defend the rights of Corporate "Citizens"? Why, we the taxpayers, of course. Though only those of us who are actually 'people'.

Even my very republican brother finds this obnoxious.

The oil protectors have resorted to violence; the water protectors have resorted to prayer and non-violence. Enough said!

Bury my heart at Wounded Knee...

The water protectors lack enough funds to post bail for all those arrested yesterday. You can help by donating at https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp Let those of us who cannot put our bodies on the line put our money on the line!

THANK YOU for providing this link.

Thanks for the link.

If we are unable to protest at Standing Rock - we CAN protest at the polls - Stein/Baraka '16

And bury more hearts at Standing Rock ...

Aren't we getting carried away - again - "All Out War" - come on - what's that line from ET - "give me a break".

The Bundy Clan was acquitted? Hmmm, didn't know ...

Edit later - just saw the article ..

What would you call it - a minor spat over a difference of opinion?

The state and its overlords - the corporations and banks are asserting that they are just defending private property rights. Many americans probably support the protection of private property from trespass, etc. I don't think that argument should be allowed to stand and it confuses the real issues relating to the land. I'm assuming that the most right wing nuts would not be happy if some corporation built a toxic producing plant on property right next to their home. They also would not like it if a company built something next to their property and suddenly all of the water supply to their home was polluted and undrinkable. They also would not like it if some oil company came in and tore up the cemetery where their honored "confederate" dead were buried. Even to those who assert property rights there seems to be a clear case that property cannot be used in a way that harms the community or other properties. This seems to be something that could be understood by everyone except the big companies that think they have the right to do what they want. Even the most conservative homeowner in Oklahoma is now faced with earthquake damage due to fracking. Where does this affront on true property rights end?

Meanwhile: Bundy Brothers Acquitted in Takeover of Oregon Wildlife Refuge. An unthinkable Verdict !! What is one to think of this disparity?

Looks a little heavy handed by the police. As did the first days at Ferguson. The protest was on private land and a critical road was blocked so the police needed to do something, particularly to clear the road, but their actions appear to be over the top. Some sort of negotiation between the protesters and government officials at some level needs to take place. This appears to be escalating and could get worse. It has reached the point that Obama will probably get involved.

Should be rather obvious - we need to clean House, and Senate at all levels and the WH so we can get down to cleaning up the courts as well ....

Which protest was on "private land" and whose "private land" was it?

"A little heavy handed"? Rib cracking bean bags, pepper spray, dogs?

Blocking a "critical road"? "Critical" to whom? To bull dozer drivers and steam shovels? To a company that is ripping up sacred sites and endangering water supplies? Man, we oughta be blocking a hell of a lot more of those "critical roads"

O has "gotten involved" - by asking the company to "pretty please" hold off until we can sit down and have a cup of tea and discuss our differences ..

Whether the land is "private" is disputed. They were on land pledged to them forever under the 1851 Treaty of Laramie.