Home | About | Donate

All Signs from Trump Point to a Coming Conflict with Iran

All Signs from Trump Point to a Coming Conflict with Iran

John Feffer

The Saudi war in Yemen is really directed at…Iran. Donald Trump’s first overseas visit to Saudi Arabia and Israel was specifically targeted at…Iran. The Saudi-led isolation of Qatar is actually about…Iran.

The escalation of U.S. military actions against the Syria government is… well, do I really need to spell this out any further?

I sincerely hope that our Military Service Members take a line from Nancy Reagan when told by their superior officers that they will be deployed to Iran. (To kill innocent men, women, and children because Donald Trump needs a war to take the pressure off him and his Obstruction of Justice, Abuse of Power, Collusion with Enemy States problems.)

I hope they all respectfully, just say, 'No'.

Here's to the example of Lt. Ehren Watada!

Thanks for reminding me of this American hero.

The US has never had the welfare of Middle East peoples in mind. It wants only their oil and will get it in any way it can, by hook or by crook. The more human disasters it can create the better able to steal the oil under the fog of war. The US is brutal, uncivilized, arrogant and prideful without any reason to be so. It is a decaying empire quite willing to end its days as a nuclear wasteland if it can't control the whole World!

This just looks like war machine propaganda.
What light hearted and unrealistic tone.
The dots connected don't seem to make sense.
Is it possible that this is how it goes down?
Perhaps.
But there must be a SOMEONE standing in the way?
Calling a self fulfilling prophecy prescient?

I don't know.
I feel like Common Dreams shouldn't have published this.

What fools we are. Always creating enemies. Hopefully they never gang up against us.

#45 is insane. He should just sit in his room and tweet all day. The world would be safer.

Both presidential candidates postured tough on Iran last year.
Both candidates cozied up to Saudi Arabia, now both have sold the Saudis arms.
Both candidates cozied up to Netanyahu.
Both candidates are friendly with Kissinger, noted backstabbing liar and war criminal.
If anything, the rudderless jackass who got elected has backtracked on sounding like an isolationist.

Yes, Trump is clearly crazier than Clinton. But you're delusional if you think Hillary would have overseen peace in the MidEast. Her track record in that regard has helped cost her two elections.