Home | About | Donate

'All the Way Up to POTUS': Ousted Ambassador to Ukraine Names Trump in Testimony Over Smear Campaign Led by Giuliani

Thank you for posting her statement(s).
Additionally, This woman did not go through the back door or basement entrance; she went through the ding dang front door, like a boss-woman!

oh puleeze…looks like you are looking for something that just ain’t there.
and no, I do not on any way shape or form support ByeDone.

Have you read Mr. Joseph Lauria on the Consortium News website? Recommended.
His remarks/reporting concerning VP Biden, and his official actions regarding Ukraine’s internal gov’t affairs/elections/int’l business operations since about 2013-2014; and certainly regarding Hunter Biden, through the end of the Obama Era/Adm. (01/2017) are worth a read, for sure.
Incidentally, VP Biden shot his foot, by shooting his mouth off, at a public forum organized by the Council on Foreign Relations, bragging about his role in the Ukraine constitutional crisis. Which set off a whole array of nasty doings in that country. If Ol’ Joe isn’t an ethically challenged corner cutter, he’ll do until the PTB and The Alphabets can find a better toady. 40 years of experience will do that to a Washington political actor.
What Trump and his lackeys did in regards to taking advantage of Ukraine’s internal political weaknesses/troubles was certainly illegal under U.S. laws. That’s just one thing on the list.
What former VP Biden did for his family’s enrichment in Ukraine is a hot steaming pile of manure, ethically. He should do the right thing and end his campaign, saving American voters from suffering through a painful and worthless 2020 election cycle. Biden is almost as miserable a POTUS wannabe as Trump, actually. He just doesn’t have a bunch of hotels and creepy business partners; that we know of, anyway.

1 Like

I’d be cautious about Consortium News. It is sometimes a hot mess of laundered rightist conspiracy drivel repackaged for progressives. Biden “shot” his mouth off because he was proud he and a bunch of other western democracies replaced a corrupt prosecutor with one willing to investigate the company his son once sat on the board of. A TPM reporter who was in Ukraine at the time and reported on the matters directly before the organized smear campaign by Trumpfolks started talks about this in a podcast I link to here if you are interested.

Keep in mind, Biden has released years of financial records and tax returns. For all his faults, and he has plenty, CREW and other ethics watchdogs have never accused him of anything like what he’s being accused of by Trump and others.

As optional as the kids get?
;-})

Read the very first paragraph of the WSJ article which Jake Johnson quotes in this article we’re commenting on:

President Trump ordered the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine after months of complaints from allies outside the administration, including his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, that she was undermining him abroad and obstructing efforts to persuade Kyiv to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, according to people familiar with the matter.

Now, show me in Marie Yovanovitch’s prepared deposition statement posted by the WaPo where she specifically refutes the above allegation.

So, you’re correct…Yovanovitch’s refutation of this allegation “…just ain’t there…”, as much as some commenters on this thread might like to believe otherwise. It might be instructive to realize that, as a long time ambassador, she’s as much a politician as the rest of them. She’ll not criticize herself.

You’ll never quit, will you.

Consortium News enjoys the same high level of respect given to its founder, Robert Parry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Consortium News)

Robert Parry (June 24, 1949 – January 27, 2018) was an Americaninvestigative journalist. He was best known for his role in covering the Iran-Contra affair for the Associated Press (AP) and Newsweek , including breaking the Psychological Operations in Guerrilla Warfare (CIA manual provided to the Nicaraguan contras) and the CIA involvement in Contra cocaine trafficking in the U.S. scandal in 1985.

He was awarded the George Polk Award for National Reporting in 1984 and the I.F. Stone Medal for Journalistic Independence by Harvard’s Nieman Foundation in 2015.

Parry was the editor of ConsortiumNews.com from 1995 until his death in 2018.[1]

1 Like

Sorry, but Parry also played to conspiracy theories and nonsense on occasion on his website, despite some of the great work he did (which I followed in the 90s). That aside—and my comment wasn’t about Parry himself—I tried to read one of Lauria’s articles but it was plagued with so many problems I couldn’t finish it. He gets basic timeline facts wrong and makes assertions that are clearly agitprop from the right wing conspiracy websites.

call –

Couldn’t be clearer what she’s saying – she refused to cooperate with the Giuliani/
Trump efforts to attack Trump’s political opponent/Biden.

Or their efforts to gain financial advantages for themselves in Ukraine.

It is also made clear by her superior, John Sullivan, she did “nothing wrong” –
and her dismissal was the result of a Trump/Giuliani campaign to remove her.

Now let’s get on with impeaching Trump – and Roberts/Gorsuch and the two GOP
perverts, Thomas and Kavanaugh.

Hi sierra –

That’s a major one – and it seems to happen for two reasons –
the more corrupt members of Congress in fulfilling the agenda of corporations & MIC
the more they need to hide it – and they do!

Especially re CIA and other “intelligence” – where afaik pretty much all of it goes on
behind closed doors – and even worse . . .

because it used to be that like a PANEL of members of Congress used to deal with
decisions re “intelligence” and MIC questions/budgets – and they continued to reduce
the numbers of those involved until now I think only two members of Congress have
even a clue about what they’re doing/involved with –

Second reason …
BECAUSE THE INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES FOR MOST PART HAVE ALWAYS HAD
SECRET BUDGETS! The CIA now has an Air Force!

Keep on tellin’ it – !!

Was Mate ( Nation Magazine ) wrong about Russiagate? He broke the Mueller Investigations into a hundred pieces of carnival glass. Binney, too, broke the DNC computer server hack story into a hundred pieces of carnival glass, as well. Hedges quotes these same people frequently in debunking the time wasting spin of The Alphabets and the Maddows’ types of the MSM. They both have their own agendas based on the needs of the employers they ultimately work for. They’re not free-lancing.
These articles and editorials aren’t journalistic hallucinations by amateurs and, Consortium News can defend itself quite well from The Establishment, The Uniparty Manufacturing Consensus Machine, the PTB and all other comers, the NY Times and WaPo included.
" If it walks like a duck, flys like a duck, swims like a duck and goes against the Empire, it’s probably a dead duck in the end. "
Just sayin’.

Precisely.

Also, drinking water from the back of the toilet.

I always find it interesting when so-called progressives find common cause with guys like Bill Barr, and propaganda put out by governments run by real life fossil fuel oligarchs, especially when a special prosecutor says his investigation was materially impaired
by subjects under investigation, don’t you? I also find it interesting when some of these truth tellers play footsie with Seth Rich conspiracies. It’s even more intriguing when we are watching, in real-time, just the sort of Trump-foreign favors trading it looked like his campaign sought in 2016. Just sayin’.

Which conspiracy theories, specifically, are you referring to?

Please show me where she specifically says this.

It is impossible for me to fathom what is in the heads of these people who are enthralled with the putrid pimple. On top of that I have a brother, a sister and two friends who voted for that person and will again. There is no way to have an open political conversation with any of them. As long as we talk of the mundane everything is peaceful but only surface talk.

Seriously this Jimmy might be more convincing if he sounded more intelligent that an outraged individual who need to use fuc0en ever other word.

So, here’s some interesting reporting, if it is, in fact, true: Came across this, just now, while trying to learn more about Marie Yovanovitch: It appears she may be a highly partisan Democrat, which would explain why she went against Trump’s order not to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry.

The Biggest Story Of Collusion That The Sessions/Rosenstein DOJ Repeatedly Refused To Acknowledge; Hopefully William Barr Will Listen And Act – Apr 9, 2019 - Elizabeth Vaughn - RedState

…Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko and Deputy Head of the Prosecutor General’s International Legal Cooperation Department Kostiantyn Kulyk…their attempts to obtain visas have been thwarted repeatedly by U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, a highly partisan Democrat. Kulyk told Solomon, “We were supposed to share this information during a working trip to the United States. However, the [U.S.] ambassador blocked us from obtaining a visa. She didn’t explicitly deny our visa, but also didn’t give it to us.”

A State Department spokesperson refused to comment about what was holding up the visa process saying only that, “Visa records are confidential under U.S. law; therefore, we cannot discuss the details of individual visa cases.”

…It’s not a surprise Marie Yovanovitch, the Democratic ambassador at the helm of the US Embassy in Kiev, would impede Lutsenko and Kulyk’s efforts to obtain visas when she knew what they intended to do once they received them. Nor is it shocking that a Jeff Sessions/Rod Rosenstein DOJ would ignore their accusations.

Hopefully, William Barr will offer them the opportunity to share their information and most importantly, will act on it.

Jimmy might be the closest we have to Carlin, a foul mouthed, truth talking comedian.

Call me –

Tell me where she says specifically she did cooperate with Giuliani/Trump in any way.