Home | About | Donate

Alleging 'Very Serious' Violations, Groups File Complaint Against John Bolton Super PAC Over Ties to Cambridge Analytica

Alleging 'Very Serious' Violations, Groups File Complaint Against John Bolton Super PAC Over Ties to Cambridge Analytica

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With John Bolton set to officially become President Donald Trump's national security adviser in just over a week, two government watchdog groups filed a criminal complaint late Thursday demanding an investigation into whether Bolton's super PAC wittingly conspired with the scandal-ridden British data firm Cambridge Analytica to commit "very serious" violations of U.S. election laws.

“What’s worse than the fact that it apparently happened in this case is that the people involved apparently knew they were breaking the law and continued to do so anyway.” - the MO of the trump regime in its entirety that is following to the extreme an MO that has been coddled and empowered by both political parties, politicians and mass-media complicit to the sabotage…

Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of the appointment of bolton is the advocacy of "the Bolton PAC’s messaging was aimed at “making people more militaristic in their worldview.” That any person, much less a nominee for such a critical post, openly advocates such a fascist militarization is a grave threat to our civilian republic, as it was in other nations that succumbed to fascism and deaths of millions!

The militarization and oppressive police-state power/direction in America is a direct threat - a treasonous fascism that threatens our republic with de facto dictatorship. Increased funding and glorification, along with placing military and police power above the law is the threat - funding those sectors far above civilian priorities - the things that make a nation truly “great” - education, health care, environmental protections, civil rights, justice, end of financial usury, and a sustainable future, among others.

The police state is seen almost daily in “shoot-first” police execution killings with impunity, and trillions dollar for-profit wars fed by the MICC war-machine - arms industry.and career military/Pentagon “jobs” agenda…

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness seem quite remote to the objectives of the regime–at least not our lives, liberties, or pursuits of happiness.

I am so confused but then that is the ploy of republicans. I thought Bolton had to be approved by Congress?

Why is it that when dems are in power they just keep us from falling over the cliff but republicans are able to throw us over the cliff? And the money grab continues by the greedy with a willing congress in the both cases.

I’m glad to see this – but, the Mercer cabal also tied to Cambridge Analytica is the heart of the effort behind the corporate coup.

Yes, but in my view, it has gone way beyond: " threatens our republic" to: A TREASONOUS FASCISM THAT IS OUR REPUBLIC!

The treasonous fascism that threatened our republic, it seems to me, was done when JFK signed his death warrant, when he vowed to smash the CIA into a thousand pieces and fired the head of the CIA John Foster Dulles. And no one was held accountable! Except the patsy Oswald! Ever since, I would argue, Amerika has been a fascist, military, dictatorship pretending to be a democracy.

Crazy, John is just more corroboration of my statement.

“What’s worse than the fact that it apparently happened in this case is that the people involved apparently knew they were breaking the law and continued to do so anyway.”

As others have noted, this is a critical part of the Trump m.o.
As the old saying about Sinatra went: It’s Trump’s world; we just live in it.

No, unfortunately Boltons position does not need Congressional approval. With a little luck this complaint and charges of a crime will keep him from receiving a security clearance, making him ineligible for the position.

Absolutely right Shanti! The threat has been real, entrenched, accelerating and ubiquitous. I should have made that clear.- there has been the reality of military, police-state fascism and subversion going back a long in its various manifestations…thanks!

In case you missed it, check out Redacted Tonight. They reported on Cambridge Analytica over a year ago, well be for the NYT.

Thank you, let’s hope so.

Fascism and supporters of it among the wealthy was a very big thing in the USA. In fact Smedley Butler was instrumental in revealing a plot by Fascists to commit a coup against Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The orchestrators of this coup were all very wealthy and suffered no real consequences. (The media did their part even then claiming that Smedley Butlers claim were a great hoax. )

Once the war ended operation Paperclip was enacted wherein the cream of the Germans based Fascists were imported into the USA. That Cold war started by Harry S Truman and Winston Churchill was not because the USSR a military threat to the West. It was because the USSR was the natural enemy of Fascism.

This is why Germanys economy was cite as being a Miracle in the 1930’s. US and British businessmen were pouring money into the Country to help rebuild it as a bulwark against the USSR.