Home | About | Donate

'Always About the Con': Ocasio-Cortez Says 'Virtually Every' Trump Policy Designed to Loot Public Coffers and Enrich His Cronies

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/04/always-about-con-ocasio-cortez-says-virtually-every-trump-policy-designed-loot

1 Like

AO-C seems ripe for a leadership position in a People’s Party.

As a Dem, she ends up being just another footnote in the bi-partisan corporate support system.

12 Likes

…all of our shadows are the same…

1 Like

I love this woman’s ideas, persistence and policy positions overall. I cannot help but worry how TPTB will destroy her because they will. Or rather they will try… she is the sentinel I think of when I think all may not quite be lost…

10 Likes

The GOP is the root of the problems addressed…Trump is just their current distraction.

4 Likes

Rrrriiiiiight, “Rajeev.” And you’re a hardworking immigrant who believes in freedom and the American Way. You worked hard for everything you have. By golly, you’re a Rugged Individual, and you believe property rights are the foundation of all other rights. Your pile of money gives you the RIGHT to keep others down! You da Man, Rajeev!

7 Likes

"Stiglitz identifies the true sources of wealth and of increases in standards of living, based on learning, advances in science and technology, and the rule of law."

Having just finished reading “The Big Short” by Michael Lewis, this book should prove interesting, especially as I just learned that Joseph Stiglitz had an interest in theoretical physics before he turned to economics. I have read the Introduction in the book - he writes clearly and understandably for our times, and considers global warming an existential threat.

Cons always fail in the long run - which is some comfort. In the short run, the only timeframe used by politicians and the financial racket - we are in trouble, big time, and I think the article in CD this morning by Laurie Laybourn-Langton is another way forward, in case the American system is unfixable:
The G7 Was a Joke. Three Degrees Warming Isn’t

3 Likes

More apropos…

Why no mention in CommonDreams of the Roger Water’s performance last weekend for Julian Assange? https://youtu.be/IzGI-bqc2NA

Has CommonDreams abandoned Assange to the wolves of the Democratic and Republican Party?

8 Likes

What distinguishes the rightwing commenters here is their deep level of argument.

8 Likes

Progressive Capitalism
This is an exemplar of an oxymoron I think.
Interest in Theoretical Physics is no guarantee of a person’s heart being in the right place.

Peace.
ths.

3 Likes

I’ll say it again.

AO-C is A-OK!!!

Peace.
ths.

8 Likes

I was a stockbroker for eleven months - in 1988. I saw what Michael Lewis saw when he was a bond trader for Salomon Brothers from 1985 thru 88 if memory serves, and Salomon Brothers was the first private investment bank to go public, i.e., a corporation with shareholders traded on an exchange.

These were the Reagan years, after the coup of '63 & '68.

Capitalism morphed into a racket - a zero sum game, winner take all.

We turn out irresponsible people - not men.

4 Likes

Why aren’t the establishment Dems screaming bloody murder? Isn’t Rachel Maddow still talking about RussiaPutinRussia? Oh, that’s right, she’s part of the %1 and the Trump tax cuts suit her just fine.

Peace
Po

7 Likes

I would add the DINO corporate party hacks as well, Ray.

6 Likes

I might say big, dark money is the root of the problems. The GOP is the most brazen practitioner of big, dark money politics; that is, they just don’t care what anyone thinks about it. The Dems would like us all to pretend that they’re not gorging at the same trough.

7 Likes

AOC is our way forward to a real and stable future in America. The cons of our nation better get all they can now. Cause what goes up MUST come down. They know they are at their end game. They also know we are on to them in mass. It’s why they are putting so much pressure on. They are still trying to look strong. Reality is that their collective BS is antiquated and unsustainable. Power to AOC!.

5 Likes

Please don’t give the corporate-owned damnocrats a pass.

3 Likes

Astonishing ignorance, fascinating abusive stupidity, brainwashed right-wing idiocy, mindless neo-fascist mindless, and any other like descriptive so I am not misunderstood!

It is the malignant influence of the orange pustule and vulture capitalist greed that draws such cretinous thought out from the cesspool…

Alexandria has more wisdom, morality and integrity in her little finger than all your rubbish represents; you and your comment aren’t worth her spit!

Mindless troll, begone!

4 Likes

There apparently isn’t any money in it for them. OR…there IS money in it for them. Depends on which dark corner you look in.

3 Likes