Home | About | Donate

Amazon Workers in Germany Strike on Prime Day for Better Pay and Right to Organize 'Without Big Brother Watching'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/13/amazon-workers-germany-strike-prime-day-better-pay-and-right-organize-without-big

2 Likes

Amazon does seem to be tooooooooo BIG. Then a bit ago, I read that the worker Christopher in NYC was let go because he was working for more fairness to the workers. Apparently too, when Amazon sees a new product which is doing well, they appear to copy it and sell lot for a lower price.
I have never used Amazon, and the more I read about how it works, more I know I will never buy anything from it. It does seem that America is returning to the days of yesteryear when workers had NO rights—and the sad lives and the treatment of the workers in the Upton Sinclair novel, THE JUNGLE, seems alive and ruining workers just as was happening to workers in the early years of the 20th century.
GO GERMAN WORKERS! : )

4 Likes

we’re already there … i think for a while … the sellout obama ran on card check … right after inauguration it was never mentioned again

2 Likes