Home | About | Donate

America’s Treatment of Palestinians Has Grown Horrendously Cruel

America’s Treatment of Palestinians Has Grown Horrendously Cruel

Razan Azzarkani

On May 14, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin smiled for pictures in front of the new U.S. embassy in Jerusalem with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “Big day for Israel,“ Donald Trump tweeted. “Congratulations!“

I would change the headline to; "America’s treatment of life is cruel.

There is sickness among those who will do anything to anybody to get more money.

The ongoing genocide of the Palestinians is too similar to that of First Nation people in the US, Canada (though maybe not quite as blatantly horrible in Canada) and in Mexico. The direct result of the colonization of the Americas. It’s caused by the kind of casual racism expressed by people everywhere. On a bicycle ride with a (Jewish) friend a few years ago, she remarked, "it’s to bad that’s a nice looking yard(in a ritzy suburb). The homeowners were Palestinian. There’s no escape.

Palestinia s are fair game for the Zionist clique that rules Israel. The US imperialists have given then a green light to kill them, toreture them, and seize their land and homes as tehy please. That is the reward the US gives Israel for doing its dirty work of espionage and assassinations of Mide East gigures eemd as a threat to Exxon-Mobil and BP’s oil interests in the region. As a communist secular Jew I know first hand of the collaboration Zionists had with the nazis during WWII. I lost family in Hungary as a result of the treachery of Ben Gurion’s Jeiwsh Agency in 1944 dealings with Adolph Eichmann. As a revolutiinarycommunist in the Progressive Labor Party we are orhanizing a struggle with our party in israel-Palestine to unite Plaestinian and Jewish workers to stop evictions of our Palestinian working class brothers and build multiracial unity to smash Zionism and construct a state with full citizenship rights for all Arabs and Jews. Ot separate and unequal Bantustans but one society woithout walls with the right o9f return of all Palestinians who were driven from their homes. One egalitarian communist society for all. We fight racist division with international unity. We fight capitalist inequality with communist egalitarianism. We fight nationalism and fascism with proletarian revolution. See www.plp.org

What the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians is horrendous. I keep doing my best to educate people about this catastrophe.

When the Israelis who lived in Gaza were forcibly removed by their own army, the new settlers were given a fully intact infrastructure and many beautiful homes… their leaders destroyed much of what was left them and they let the rest rot by attrition. None of the internal problems besetting them has anything to do with Israel… they created this lack of infrastructure themselves.

Stop blaming Israel for all the problems in Gaza. Both Israel and Egypt blockade Gaza to keep out terrorists, yet Israel sends in humanitarian aid on a daily basis. Meanwhile, Gaza is run by Hamas, which is in the 11th year of its four-year elected term. There are no new elections in sight as Hamas kills off its political opponents. It has been in a continual dispute–often violent–with the Palestinian Authority in a fight for power and control. It is the PA that stop paying the water bill and the electric bill as a result.

And if what Israel is doing to Palestinians is an extermination, they are failing badly at it. The Palestinian population keeps growing exponentially. Meanwhile, the Muslim countries have chased out and expelled all of their Jewish inhabitants until there are none left.

from what i’ve seen and heard isreal has erected a fence and controls what supplies reach the people in gaza. the people are trapped! egypt did open its gates in recognition of an islamic holy time. the palestinians lack adequate food and medical supplies. the people of gaza organized a peaceful protest, no weapons, no flags and no apparent political leadership. israel has a well-supplied army and airforce and has destroyed much of the infrastructure. one word that explains a lot about the two sides of this ongoing tragedy, “asymmetrical!”

during the weeks of this demonstration several palestinians have been killed and thousands of unarmed civilians including children have suffered sniper fire. the snipers use butterfly bullets which shatter on impact leaving a devastating wound. the sniper aim for the legs turning a healty young demonstrator handicapped for life. as i understand during this time one israeli soldier lost his life. if our species is to survive we must stop the killing! now, do you understand the word, “asymmetrical”?