Home | About | Donate

American Islamophobia’s Fake Facts

American Islamophobia’s Fake Facts

Arnold R. Isaacs

Anti-Muslim activists in the United States were operating in a "post-truth era" and putting out "alternative facts" long before those phrases entered the language. For the last decade they have been spreading provable falsehoods through their well-organized network of publications and websites.

The fundamental problem is that one of the founding ideologies of the United States is white supremacy. The others are property-ownership (now advanced capitalism) and patriarchy. Islamophobia (like all forms of racism and xenophobia) are rooted in the matrix of what is mis-called “America,” and continue to dominate our national character and behavior.

One thing our wing-nuts are really good at is projection. There are people among us who are working to force a fascist theocracy upon us, but it’s not “Sharia law” they have in mind; instead, they would make their twisted version of the Ten Commandments—no doubt exempting themselves from #s 6 through 10—the law of the land.

Let’s have a little more “live and let live,” and a LOT less “do as I say, not as I do.” Thanks, your neighbor.

Anti-Muslim sentiment has been attacked on the basis of either racial discrimination, or religious freedom. Racial discrimination as a bias was soon muted, since Muslims reside in all racial groups. As for religious freedom, it bears a closer look.

Firstly, it can be argued that no organized religion is free from irrational beliefs based on the utterances of long dead guys, or new deadly guys. That said, most organized religion, save one, have been steadily losing their grip on educated, science based populations. Irrationality is no longer needed as a pre-condition for being a good person.

The one religion that has been gathering steam is Islam. Historically, Islam was born in bloodshed, matured through incessant war, and even today is unable to bring itself to grant women equal rights.
Mankind no longer need any organized religion, nor to abide old dead guy created myths, nor to bow before religious authority. We definitely do not need Islam.

Will we grant them religious freedom? Of course we will; it is one of our founding principle. Should we tolerate indoctrination of irrationality in a new generation of children? I think not.

Good article. What scares the hell out of me, is not the phobia and fake facts about Muslims, but the real facts about what Mr. Hedges calls,Christian, fascists! Christianphobia! " When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and be carrying the cross."
Sinclair Lewis, in his book: IT CAN’T HAPPEN HERE.

“The first is that Muslims in this country have been engaged in a “stealth” or “civilizational jihad” – a long-term, far-reaching conspiracy to infiltrate the U.S. legal system and other public institutions and bring America under Islamic law.”
Substitute “Christians” for “Muslims” and “Christian” for Islamic". (they are nominally “Christian”, but “dominionist” would be a more accurate and specific term. )
They have already done all that stuff. Right under our noses.