Home | About | Donate

Americans Aghast As Fate of Internet Privacy Rests in Trump's Hands

Americans Aghast As Fate of Internet Privacy Rests in Trump's Hands

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

With the fate of internet privacy now resting in the hands of U.S. President Donald Trump, Americans are increasingly outraged over what many say is a clear gift to the deep-pocketed telecommunications industry.

Even more evidence that conservatives only represent corporate american. They do not represent the American People. Its a shame that people aren't smart enough to figure it out and vote for these bastards. Conservatives used to claim that liberals were voting against their best interest but hand the reigns over to conservatives and this is what you get- total sell out to the highest bidder only we don't get any of those profits. No, conservatives are the ones truly voting against their best interests yet they are not smart enough to see it.

Two words: Hillary Clinton. This is all the democrats fault and they are powerless to do anything about it.

Best line of the day: "The only thing less popular would be if they passed a bill allowing traffic jams to call you during dinner to give you gonorrhea," Colbert added."

And where are all those folks who said the Pres doesn't have any power and that it didn't matter who was in the WH ......

Why are we still talking about this woman? Wipe the cobwebs off- he has been in office going on three months.

Sorry to disagree with you Mossonarock, but on November 8th, 2016, over 130 million Americans voted against their own best interests.

It is mind boggling.

DEAR HONORABLE SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN,

I respectfully demand that the conformation hearings for Judge Gorsuch be postponed until after all the FBI investigations of president Trump's campaign committee and Russia are over.

AND THAT THERE BE A SPECIAL INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION INTO PRESIDENT TRUMP, HIS CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE AND RUSSIA.

And that you fight for the release of Trump's tax returns because the American people, (Democrats and Republicans,) are demanding to see ALL of President Trump's Tax returns.

(not just the 2 pages of his 2005 tax returns that were leaked to the press).

The release of Trump's tax returns would end the conflict by Proving one of two outcomes.

1- That Trump is innocent of any illegal dealings with Russia.
OR
2- It would prove that Trump did have illegal dealings with Russia.

WHY WONT TRUMP RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS WHEN THE IRS ISSUED A STATEMENT SAYING THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG OR ILLEGAL ABOUT ANYONE, EVEN THE PRESIDENT, RELEASING THEIR TAX RETURNS WHILE AN AUDIT IS TAKING PLACE.???

Wouldn't Trump want to prove that he is innocent, if he is?

THIS IS WHY THERE MUST BE A SPECIAL INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION INTO PRESIDENT TRUMP, HIS CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE AND RUSSIA.

Good letter Dale.

Let us all here at Common Dreams know how the Honorable Senator John McCain responds. Please.

Um I don't think you disagreed with me. Perhaps you didn't catch the point I was making, not that my point was very well expressed. Conservatives often like to berate liberals by claiming liberals vote against their own interests. However, look at what conservatives and those who voted for conservatives have done- they clearly voted against their own best interest. I want to drill that fact into their heads till they hang their heads in shame and shut up! I want them to remember how they taunted liberals and use their taunting against them. I want them to regret every negative thing they ever said!

I am not suprised. The GOP is all about rewarding those who bankroll their campaigns and ideology. The average American is nothing more than a pawn to manipulate with this money in order to get elected. Once in office we are meaningless. This was pretty much exposed as the modus operandi of the party by one of their own. Read what he said here.

Now, if Trump signs this give away into law we have to learn to protect ourselves. I have had a privacy site online for awhile in anticipation of such a theft taking place by Republicans. It will tell you how to employ free or low cost options to help protect your own privacy. USE VPN and open source DNS, avoid email from your ISP, Yahoo, Google etc. and use free encrypted email services. This explains how.

http://4yourprivacy.com/

Another thing just occured to me. What about children using the internet? Are they now fair game to anyone with cash to purchase their information? Their social media habits? There private information in social media?

Can a shill for ISIS purchase personal information and use it to target our citizens?

Who will be at risk from this breach of trust voted in by our Congress ( I use the term "our" congress loosly as Congress is not ours, it is the bought and paid for arm of corporate America)

'...we have to learn to protect ourselves.'

Paul, perhaps we, the users of the Internet, can convince 'one' of the Internet Service Providers to 'not' use the Trumpenstein Monster's Relaxed Rules of Estrangement and provide protections of our personal information.

If this ISP, is the only one providing these protections, everyone can cancel their accounts with the 'Bad ISPs' putting them on notice, and join the one that provides the protection we deserve.

Mossonarock, "The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say 'I was wrong.'"~Sydney J. Harris ~

It is important to educate those who voted for Trump how he is 'not' representing them and in fact, doing the opposite of what he said he would do. Many are already realizing their error.

Does rubbing salt in their wounds really benefit anyone?

We as a nation must educate everybody about the dangers Trump poses for our country.

Poking a hornets nest will only get you stung.

He wouldn't have much power if the DamnocRats held the Senate – none of his nominee's would have been confirmed, and look what's happening to his executive orders.  Unfortunately, the Repooplicans control both houses of Congress along with the White House – and are poised to take over the SCOTUS as well.

IMHO, the only thing that's saved us so far is that there are almost as many flavors of 'Conservative' as there are 'Liberal'.  Actually, some so-called 'Conservatives' don't respect the Constitution at all - they're just Funny-dementalists who want to impose a "Christian" theocracy on us all. Other Repooplicans could care less about religion, so long as their Corporate fellow citizens are given free reign economically, while yet another faction seems concerned mainly with racial issues and still others are focused almost exclusively on suppressing wo­men.  "Variety Is the Spice of Life" has never been so crucial, as the recent collapse of the AHCA has shown.

AMEN!   Please just let her fade away into the obscurity she and the rest of her family deserve!!
Hopefully we can send her stooge Dirty Debbie Duhby-Ass to join them in oblivion in 2018!!!

I agree. They are so over.

LOL! - "DamnocRats" that says it all ... sorry i wasn't much impressed when those DamnocRats were in control of the Pres AND Congress early in O's admin - the banks got bailed out, the people didn't, we got a "healthcare" bill that was an Insurance co/Phrma care bill, we got more wars ....

But I think you ought to inform all these "prog" sites that are having conniptions over Trump - how his executive orders and appointments, which, btw were approved by a good chunk of those Damnocrats including the "prog" darlings of the Party, they seem to think he has a lot of power - and tell it to those who thought KXL and DAPL were history .... as well as the troops continuing to be sent abroad to kill and be killed ... tell them he doesn't have any power ....

Funny - the Rs to the rescue again - they saved SS from O's Grand Bargain as well - it was an R wet dream, but they weren't going to pass anything O put up ....